I hate my content.

first off, I personally think your videos are awesome! (though, admittedly, I've been slacking in the "Watch my friends' videos" department ... damn MCAT studying ...)

but, I know how you feel. I spent a solid 4 months on two short films of mine, and the last two weeks, I'm sitting here thinking "What the f**k was I thinking!? This sucks!" I was literally 5 mins away from scrapping it.

But then I thought about it a bit more, and remembered that, while posting videos is sometimes for the audience, it's more about how much fun you're having. I'm finishing up my project because I loved it's message and what it was trying to do. The mistakes I'll take as a learning experience.

I literally have NO CLUE if this applies to you. It sounds more like I was getting something off my chest, lol! BUT, I hope this helps in some odd way. Just know that you're not alone when it comes to disliking your own stuff. But I say continue to roll with it, it'll only get better!

is that the vid in your signature? because I liked that one

It was in my sig haha I changed it now just because its not actually my favourite video, I just had it there because it was my newest video. I just felt that we put no where near as much time and effort into it and I just wasn't to proud of it. But at the same time a lot of people aren't as happy as they want to be about their content but yet everyone who watches it likes it.

It's just weird

In summary, lately I've been feeling fairly down about my channel.. which is ironic as I've been gaining more subscribers than ever.. but regardless I genuinely dislike the majority of the content I make. I don't know what it is, maybe I watch bigger Youtubers and set unrealistic expectations for myself? I know that sounds idiotic, but I'll watch their videos and then look at mine, and feel discouraged..

ahh this thread sounds so whiny.. I don't mean it to.. anyways, I'm curious, do you feel happy and satisfied about the videos you make? I'll be happy with the video as I edit it- but after I upload it I simply cannot stand to watch that video ever again, because for some reason the moment I upload it it becomes the most cringy thing ever.. . Am I the only one who's like this D:?

I think we all get that way.. but let me tell you In all honesty you are one of the few channels I look forward too ever week. I enjoy your sense of humor and your style.. You do a fantastic job.

I think it's the type of thing that also changes with time. As your fanbase grows and you get more sorta firm in what you do, you get more confident with it and a lot of the stuff that might worry you early on doesn't matter anymore because you know that there are people being entertained no matter what.

Yes I do feel that way with a few videos, but I leave them up regardless. Although yesterday I had someone come up to me and tell me they liked one of my older videos (one that I do cringe when I rewatch it lol) and that made me think perhaps it largely in my head lol.

As long as someone is entertained I just let the videos do their thing.

We are our own worst critics. After I upload a video all I see are the flaws and what could have been done better, while seconds ago I thought it was perfect.

Whenever I make a video public I have to leave the PC and go do something else. But the whole time I'm like "I hope no one sees this! I hope no one sees this!" So when I get back and refresh I kinda cross my fingers for the view counter to stay at 0. But it does get better over time. After a couple of hours I don't really mind anymore. Just like I've come to accept my short film. Does take a few years there though, cause they're closer to the heart than a YouTube video. Well... came to accept all but one short film. That one literally causes me physical pain when someone watches it...

Back