Do you hate intros

• yes

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • no

Votes: 40 74.1%

• Total voters

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Is it just me or do you all get annoyed when you see a cool thumbnail or interesting title and they have a intro... I personally hate intros and ALWAYS skip them.... What I like to do for a intro is take a funny clip from the video and put it in the start for a few seconds and start the video that way instead of having a big logo or somthing like that.

Do you like intros or do you get annoyed and skip right through them...

Lol I also have a intro but but but mine is like 5 secs. What I hate and can not stand for the life of me is a intro longer than 7 secs OMG!!! I literally start to consider my life lol!

Some intros are annoying. Like the ones that use dubstep & too many flashy lights. Lol. But there are many top YouTubers that have incredible intros that set up the video very nicely. For example, I really enjoy FunForLouis' intro. It's short, recognisable & has a catchy tune. Another great example would be KyrSpeedy. His intros are a little longer but they are hilarious and are 100% the best intros on YouTube. xD

I think for comedy and VLOG channels, you can say INTROS shouldn't be a logo. But for gaming channels, LOGO intro is a must. I don't hate Logo and intro of any channel at all, I actually like them because its called branding. Any TV channel and any TV show have their logos and titles, so I would say that I DON'T HATE LOGO INTROS :)

I'm really proud of my little intro/logo. I made one, then it was way too long (about 10 seconds, endless) and I cut it down to 3 seconds. I wish YouTube still added 3 second intros to all your videos automatically, because then I could occasionally upload from the YouTube app on my phone for vlogging.

I think five seconds is probably the maximum length for an intro of any kind. Any longer (I've seen one that's half a minute long), regardless of how cool it may look/seem at the time, is going to bore the people watching and ultimately kill your retention figures.

Back