How to use camera for facecam

MeltedPebbles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guy! So on our channel my girlfriend and I post Horror game content and are trying to set up a face cam. I am trying to use my DSLR camera for face cam because it has better picture than my crappy face cam.Is it possible to use my camera for face cam like have it connected to my computer and use it with my recording software and have it record as a face cam from the recording software? Or do I just need to have the camera recording and just match up the video with the audio?

ocslushie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Not that I know of. All gamers, including myself just do it separate and sync up the gameplay with the facecam.

Sarah&Fam

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Reviewer, Other
I believe you have to sync it your self

Wonderboy Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use OBS Studio for all my recordings. The facecam i use is the Logitec c920. OBS is free and pretty easy to set up and you can add more then one video capture device. As for your DSLR, you will prob need a graphics capture card if your camera is able to HDMI output live.

Reactions: Cly_Faker

MeltedPebbles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not that I know of. All gamers, including myself just do it separate and sync up the gameplay with the facecam.
Okay cool thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1468183934,1468183918][/DOUBLEPOST]O
I believe you have to sync it your self
Okay thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1468183974][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use OBS Studio for all my recordings. The facecam i use is the Logitec c920. OBS is free and pretty easy to set up and you can add more then one video capture device. As for your DSLR, you will prob need a graphics capture card if your camera is able to HDMI output live.
Okay I'm going to look into a capture card then thanks!