How to Start a YouTube Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe MK

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer
This is probably the question most asked to me via PMs on yttalk by about 200% :D
“How would I go about creating a YouTube Network”.

Well There`s really three types of Network you could create, this thread will also tell you how :)

Multi-Channel Network (MCN) :
So a MCN has one or multiple CMS(s) that it can link itt`s partner`s channels to.
The reason for this is to cater to revenue and support for that channel.
Similar to how a talent group would operate with a music artist.

Propriety Network/Virtual Network/Content Distrabution Network (VN) :
A VN would be straight under a MCN, usually has some sort of CMS/Partnering Dashboard access.
How these differ from MCNs is they take a portion of then revenue the MCN takes from a partner, In return for focusing on a certain niche. (e.g. A Tech VN under an everything MCN)
They also may decide to offer better features, help, support etc

Content Aggregator (CA) :
A CA operates from under a VN, and will take a portion of the VN`s revenue (not usually more of the partner`s) in return for operating as a network to cater towards a more specific niche (e.g mobile tech under a tech network).

How to form one of the above :

MCN :
Well to form an MCN you need to get into direct contact with that management team in Google.
They require you to have a certain amount of staff including an ad sales team.
Aswell as set up as a company, have a decent start-up capital.
And a long list of requirements that is not undertaken by most.

VN :
To form a VN you have to contact a MCN and ask, note that only a few actually have Vns.
The below list is of all that`re currently accepting, note that as of when I`m posting this, Both Fullscreen and ZoominTV arn`t accepting them.

/

CA :
To form a CA you have to contact a VN and note that not alot of Vns are allowed to have any.

If this thread helped you leave a like, thanks :)

Thanks A Million (Y)

TheHertfullGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer, Designer
thank you this helped me a lot! keep up with your cool posts man cuz you are really helping the newbies ones "like me" xD anyway i am done talking for this topic xD c yuh

Reactions: Joe MK

richforever

Reaction score
This is probably the question most asked to me via PMs on yttalk by about 200% :D
“How would I go about creating a YouTube Network”.

Well There`s really three types of Network you could create, this thread will also tell you how :)

Multi-Channel Network (MCN) :
So a MCN has one or multiple CMS(s) that it can link itt`s partner`s channels to.
The reason for this is to cater to revenue and support for that channel.
Similar to how a talent group would operate with a music artist.

Propriety Network/Virtual Network/Content Distrabution Network (VN) :
A VN would be straight under a MCN, usually has some sort of CMS/Partnering Dashboard access.
How these differ from MCNs is they take a portion of then revenue the MCN takes from a partner, In return for focusing on a certain niche. (e.g. A Tech VN under an everything MCN)
They also may decide to offer better features, help, support etc

Content Aggregator (CA) :
A CA operates from under a VN, and will take a portion of the VN`s revenue (not usually more of the partner`s) in return for operating as a network to cater towards a more specific niche (e.g mobile tech under a tech network).

How to form one of the above :

MCN :
Well to form an MCN you need to get into direct contact with that management team in Google.
They require you to have a certain amount of staff including an ad sales team.
Aswell as set up as a company, have a decent start-up capital.
And a long list of requirements that is not undertaken by most.

VN :
To form a VN you have to contact a MCN and ask, note that only a few actually have Vns.
The below list is of all that`re currently accepting, note that as of when I`m posting this, Both Fullscreen and ZoominTV arn`t accepting them.

/

CA :
To form a CA you have to contact a VN and note that not alot of Vns are allowed to have any.

If this thread helped you leave a like, thanks :)

Thank you for sharing this Shane,

I'm planing in invest a lot of money on this thing i want to have my own MCN, i know that is very hard to get but i was thinking can i first like start as an Content Aggregator then later apply for MCN on youtube? if yes how do i know that i am ready to apply for it ? do you know like how many views or what you need to sign up for MCN? I look forward to hearing from you.

ProphetXeD

MWAH.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
I have thought about this in the past - thanks for sharing :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
i join fullscreen because fullscreen now help me to grow 60% view so now im happy:bounce:
btw thank for you infomation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.