How to Start a YouTube Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrAveragePerson

I have a life.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Haha thats a great post Shane! Thanks for giving us all this useful info. I'm sure now the little 12 year olds trying to make AwesomenessTV copies will stop trying.

AustinAdvice

I've Got It
Reaction score
Believe it or not but that's not going to be a problem for him, any websites that have more info on this topic so I don't keep bothering you?
To clarify Shane's reply. I am assuming he meant for a sub-network or CA. In regards to a proper MCN I would say the investment is closer to $100k-$200k. The main investment is staffing and infrastructure.

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
To clarify Shane's reply. I am assuming he meant for a sub-network or CA. In regards to a proper MCN I would say the investment is closer to $100k-$200k. The main investment is staffing and infrastructure.
Nah I`d say 20-50$ :p Some MCNs don`t even have offices or full time staff :p

Reactions: liamnovlogs

OwenBennett

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
wow.. I guess they're the main ones though.. you don't really need many of them as they just make little sub networks and people join those and some of the subnetworks allow people to start even smaller networks :)
MCN's are hard to get. Most people just settle as a VN under an MCN as its easier. However on rare occasions the MCN may introduce a CMS for the VN if performance shown is good or refer them to google. However this only happens if you know someone closely within the MCN because they just want to keep as many good performing VN's as possible to get them partners!

Hope it helped!

Owen[DOUBLEPOST=1369673303,1369673175][/DOUBLEPOST]
From when did ZoominTV stop taking VN? How much i have knowledge about, i've recently, i think about 3-4 weeks back i spoke to them for a network and i did get accepted after an interview. Why did they suddenly stop accepting VN under them?
They stopped accepting around febuary time. Because they had 70 but lowered it to 20, however after summer time their reintroducing it to those who are very experienced & have alot of networking experience. They generally dont need them at the moment. However there enabling a new user group so VN's can get CA's under them. The revshare for partners goes down from 80% to 70% so the CA gets 10%.

Hope it helped!

Owen

Melody Anne

I've Got It
Reaction score
One of the ones I mean is a company run by three people with masters degrees :p
And what MCN might that be? Enquiring minds want to know :)[DOUBLEPOST=1370372598,1370372446][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for this thread. This whole network thing has my head spinning lately. I've got recruiters popping up left and right and the lingo is hard for me to parse.

Status
Not open for further replies.