How to persuade people to keep watching your content?

sequan123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hey guys i need tips on how to persuade people to keep watching your content

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
1. Thank your viewers at the end of videos, it's just generally nice to feel appreciated, they took time out of their day to watch your video, the least you could do is thank them.

2. Don't forget to interact with them in the comments section as well, if they commented something.

3. Make good content;
It might help if you find a bigger channel (Or more than one) to aspire to.
So that you may draw inspiration from them to improve your content, and it could become as good as theirs is, or even better
Watch their videos, study what you like/ don't like about them, and question why you like/ don't like that stuff.
Then try to implement that stuff into your videos, but in your style.
I'm not saying "go copy another channel" I just mean, use them as a 'role model' because it could help motivate you to seek new ways to grow as a content creator/ experiment/ try new things.

Hmm... I'm out of ideas xp that's all I got, sorry.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You can't persuade people to watch your content, I think. You have to make content people want to watch again and again. The main thing is to listen to the audience you have, locate the audience you want, and figure out what they'd like to see.

That's really easier said than done, but if you pay really close attention to what's going on in the space with the type of content you want to make, and you really keep refining the way you make material and promoting it, you'll get there.

Reactions: micelodeon

McWil

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Reminding them and link them to other videos, be it with YouTube cards, you saying in the video, leaving a link in your description or using the YouTube end screen function, all of that will help. I also find branching out to forums that support your type of content helps as well, if you are active in that community, people will eventually watch you.

I have noticed as well, that telling people to subscribe actually works, I've noticed a small increase in subscribers since we started reminding people to subscribe, if they want to see more content. Some people on YouTube don't even realise what subscribe is so letting them know is a good way to gain viewers.

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
can't really persuade. let your content speak for itself. maybe remind them to like and share if they like the video and subscribe etc.

AdmUp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Impossible to persuade. I could be watching a video on the variable colours of rocks but no matter how much they persuade me I'm probably not going to subscribe.
Just produce good content that you enjoy creating and watching and people will come and stay.

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Have a common theme in the videos on your channel. I feel like that's kind of obvious that your channel has a genre, but when people see a video that has something in common with the one the subscribed because of they are likely to watch it as well. If you post stuff that's similar to the content your subs liked they will probably watch it.

It also helps if your videos provide some type of value for the viewer.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly I don't think it's possible to persuade your viewers other than having good quality content. You can remind them that you appreciate them watching your content but thats about it.

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Give them something interesting they can not find on another channel (without breaking the rules of course).

Tv Head Greg

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Keep a consistent upload schedule and make sure you tell your viewer when to check back on your channel. That way your subscribers will keep coming back, and new viewers will know that you take your channel seriously. Hope this helps.