Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Guys :D

So currently I like to make videos about cars and it has been good so far but I am considering growing my other channel which is more focused on gaming and having fun. But I know there is a lot of those kind of channels which makes the competition so rough that you might not have a chance due to the high competition so I think I will start out with focusing on small games that docent have such as high traffic rate like cookie cats or angry birds.

I have also considered that it would be a good idea joining a youtube partner that can help me grow I have heard omnia media and maker studios should be good is there anyone who are familiar with them or can recommend anything else? I have heard a bit about social blade as well.

I currently have 8 subscribers on my game channel so thats a start haha :)

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and hope to hear from you :D

Chris Raynerson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
- Your new channel shouldn't be based on what specific games you play. What's your mission statement? Why are you playing games on YouTube? Why should people subscribe to you? What's your target demographic? What do they love and care about? Those questions are a lot more important than what games you play.
- You are super brand new and should not even be remotely close to thinking about joining any network. Your top priority is making content. So get that network crap out of your head until they come after you. Lots of new gaming channels that are getting big don't have any network so again, don't even remotely think about any of that.
- Just make content. That's all you can do. Worrying about how to grow should only come after you have consistently made content at 6 months.

Reactions: Oliver Andersen

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
- Your new channel shouldn't be based on what specific games you play. What's your mission statement? Why are you playing games on YouTube? Why should people subscribe to you? What's your target demographic? What do they love and care about? Those questions are a lot more important than what games you play.
- You are super brand new and should not even be remotely close to thinking about joining any network. Your top priority is making content. So get that network crap out of your head until they come after you. Lots of new gaming channels that are getting big don't have any network so again, don't even remotely think about any of that.
- Just make content. That's all you can do. Worrying about how to grow should only come after you have consistently made content at 6 months.
Thanks that is really good advice but now for example I like games like battlefield 1 and far cry primal but those are games which there is hundred of videos about and if you can't get people to even watch your videos due to the overflood then how am I going to have a chance to tell about:

1. What I am doing/my mission

2. Why should they subscribe to me?

My target group I think would mainly be Europe, Australia and US but I really don't want to narrow it down as I want to get out to all the english speaking countries :)

Solid

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Good advice for anyone really. I made my channel for guides, and have found that its really difficult to get people to find them, seeing as YouTube quality filters content.

So its really important to think about what your channels about and if you can even get people to interact with your content. Good luck to you :)

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good advice for anyone really. I made my channel for guides, and have found that its really difficult to get people to find them, seeing as YouTube quality filters content.

So its really important to think about what your channels about and if you can even get people to interact with your content. Good luck to you :)
Your channel is pretty good and I am surprised you have managed to get so many views in such a short amount of time considering how much content there already is how are you getting people to watch your content?

Are you partnered with a network or is it organic? :)

Solid

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Your channel is pretty good and I am surprised you have managed to get so many views in such a short amount of time considering how much content there already is how are you getting people to watch your content?

Are you partnered with a network or is it organic? :)
Really? Please dont tell me this is a good start lol. I've been really disappointed with amount of views I've been getting, I knew it would be slow but its worse than I had expected.

But to answer your question, nope, no network. What I have been doing though, is going to the source. So atm I'm doing a Battlefield class guide series. So I went direct to Battlefields, Dice forums and managed to have a thread stick near the top for 48 hours. But like I said, I'd didnt think it was a success. It certainly not translating into subs :O

its the "assault-class-why-bother" thread on the Battlefield1 - Playstation community page if you want to check it out

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Really? Please dont tell me this is a good start lol. I've been really disappointed with amount of views I've been getting, I knew it would be slow but its worse than I had expected.

But to answer your question, nope, no network. What I have been doing though, is going to the source. So atm I'm doing a Battlefield class guide series. So I went direct to Battlefields, Dice forums and managed to have a thread stick near the top for 48 hours. But like I said, I'd didnt think it was a success. It certainly not translating into subs :O

its the "assault-class-why-bother" thread on the Battlefield1 - Playstation community page if you want to check it out
Okay so what you saying is that its mainly because of that thread on dice forum you have gained so many views?

I posted a video about far cry and battlefield hardline they only got 3 and 6 views in a month so your results are damn good compare to mine thats why I ask :(

But when I check some of the other big channels who do gaming I see many of their first videos have only generated 21-43 views in 1-2 years so I also think its a matter of having patience regardless of how tempting it is to give up.

I read a thread once here on the YT forum with a guy who explained how he managed to make his gaming channel a success and he said what he basically did was to find small games which there wasn't so much hype about and then he started building it up from there and afterwards playing the popular games which you would normally never have a chance to grow big with (battlefield, cod with further) Thats the same idea I talked about in my thread but I wanted to hear the experts opinion who has more experience in this.

Just to be sure if it was a good idea and if there was any other ways to go which I am missing :)

Solid

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Yeah, I now realise that Battlefield 1 wasn't the best idea in terms on channel growth but I don't mind, I like doing BF1 guides :D

But yeah, I basically get zero traffic from YouTube, it's almost 100% from enguaging people in places like this, or chatting with other people on YouTube comments.

I got 977 views for the post I put on Battlefield official forums , but the video I linked thee was embedded, so no views registered on YouTube and, worse, not 1 single sub from that :O

But you know, that's good feedback letting me know that my contents got to be more enjoyable if ppl are going to come back

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, I now realise that Battlefield 1 wasn't the best idea in terms on channel growth but I don't mind, I like doing BF1 guides :D

But yeah, I basically get zero traffic from YouTube, it's almost 100% from enguaging people in places like this, or chatting with other people on YouTube comments.

I got 977 views for the post I put on Battlefield official forums , but the video I linked thee was embedded, so no views registered on YouTube and, worse, not 1 single sub from that :O

But you know, that's good feedback letting me know that my contents got to be more enjoyable if ppl are going to come back
I think your content is good, you have the voice and the confident, compared to myself :( , but you just need to figure out how to break the wall and I think what the guy talked about in this forum how to make a successful gaming channel is a good advice I will try to follow cause I mean if the answer isn't to join a partner network then whats left to do? :O

Besides quitting gaming and making a tech channel where you cut your playstation/computer gear with a 1000 degree glowing knife :D

I mean... but I really hope it will be the right way to go that also pay back or else I am screwed and have no idea what to do :(

Solid

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Its okay, I've got you covered. I'll email you a hydraulic press and you can make vids on crush stuff xD

Status
Not open for further replies.