Basit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if I could get some constructive feedback on how to grow a channel like mine.
I started my channel doing weight loss vlogs but slowly moved to funnier videos.
I don't do comedic skits, more like I talk to the viewers about funny personal experiences or things I find online that are hilarious. I don't know what section of YouTube that would put me in but I'm finding it difficult to market myself. I want to focus mainly on talking about funny experiences and the funny material I find online.
Thank you for any and all advice!
Basit

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You can grow like any other normal channel really.

There are a number of threads already talking about this, just promote your videos and make good content and you will grow post at places like twitter, tumblr, Reddit etc.

Try to avoid Facebook they hurt your channel and views more than they will help aside from that just make good content and you will grow. :)

HK_Hadou

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Try to avoid Facebook they hurt your channel and views more than they will help aside from that just make good content and you will grow. :)
I'm not one for hijacking threads, but I would actually like to know the reason for this? I just joined Facebook recently for promoting a little lol

Also as far as growing (gotta try and help so I dont completely hijack) I'd say just make more content and put yourself out there. If people really like your stuff - even if its a small group of people - then keep doing it and eventually you'll grow. I think. I'm not super sure because my channel is still small but I think that's how it goes.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'm not one for hijacking threads, but I would actually like to know the reason for this? I just joined Facebook recently for promoting a little lol

Also as far as growing (gotta try and help so I dont completely hijack) I'd say just make more content and put yourself out there. If people really like your stuff - even if its a small group of people - then keep doing it and eventually you'll grow. I think. I'm not super sure because my channel is still small but I think that's how it goes.
Facebook views are often not counted since facebook has it's own algorithm.

With the youtube update they try to get rid of facebook users who watch videos, it could be changed now however back in january views from facebook would often get removed but stay on facebook if that makes sense.

To put it simply Youtube Hates Facebook and vice versa.

Basit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

There are a number of threads already talking about this, just promote your videos and make good content and you will grow post at places like twitter, tumblr, Reddit etc.

How do you use Twitter if you have a very small following?? Also, how do you go about reddit, I hear that any sort of promotion of videos is frowned upon and can get you banned?

Thanks!

HK_Hadou

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ahhh okay, I thought you meant like -- community wise its not good or something. Alright, thanks!

And @Basit I hope I gave you some more motivation too keep going! Or something! Lol

Ralph Mickey

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other

Didn't know/think about the facebook thing (I can see how that would be true). One way to get around that would be to use your snapshot from the video and some inviting text to make a post that drives people to your video on YT.

I am still new myself, but I think DigiBox is right. I have seen a ton of posts on here as well as vids on YT about how to grow your channel. What you are describing is a vlog type channel. Even if you are just talking about what you found online - the main feature is you. Which is cool. But that is the category it fits in.

Hope this helps.

Basit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Didn't know/think about the facebook thing (I can see how that would be true). One way to get around that would be to use your snapshot from the video and some inviting text to make a post that drives people to your video on YT.

I am still new myself, but I think DigiBox is right. I have seen a ton of posts on here as well as vids on YT about how to grow your channel. What you are describing is a vlog type channel. Even if you are just talking about what you found online - the main feature is you. Which is cool. But that is the category it fits in.

Hope this helps.
Helps a lot! Getting traffic to my videos is super difficult. I feel like I'm doing all the right tagging and keyword research too.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
How do you use Twitter if you have a very small following?? Also, how do you go about reddit, I hear that any sort of promotion of videos is frowned upon and can get you banned?

Thanks!
Twitter use #'s to get your point across like #Indiegame or #workout etc.

And reddit is a differnet ball game it depends on the sub reddit your posting to every single subreddit has their own rules so just make sure you follow the reddiqute and youll be fine with posting there.

Realistic_Industries

Reaction score
Try to research some trending topics to discuss when doing your videos. The best way to get traffic is to produce content that people are searching for already. If your "tag game" is on point like you say it is that should help increase your view count.
I also am a big fan of using the end screen cards to get people to stay on my channel.
Increasing your watch time will help you rank higher as well

Reactions: Basit