twenty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
Lets get to it! #TwentySaidIt

TECHNIQUE #1
Step 1: Use your Twitter account. Dont have one? Create one!
Step 2: Get hootsuite [its free]..
Step 3: Write a list of 100 tweets about your interests (make sure you use relevant hashtags), now write 20 content/video tweets.

Step 4: Between every 5 tweets, insert one of your content/video tweets.. Go on hootsuite and schedule all your tweets. go for about 3 tweets per day. so when the tweets begin to publish you wont sound spammy talking about your brand all the time.

for example:
1st tweet: at 9am - "would you like to _____ before you die?"
2nd tweet: at 5pm - "when did you lose your virginity?"
3rd tweet: at 9pm - "at what age do you see yourself having kids?"
4th tweet: NEXT DAY at 11am - "good morning guys!, how much did you all drink last night?"
5th tweet: at 3pm - "YOUR YOUTUBE TWEET GOES HERE" for example "i drank so much i edited this video wrong! did i mess up the transition at 4:22? [YOUTUBE LINK] LOL FAIL"

Step 5: REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT until all 100 tweets are scheduled!

Step 6: Once your tweets start rolling out, you'll notice your followers on Twitter start to increase by maybe 2-5 or even more per day.
Step 7: DM those who follow you saying "whats up just saying hi!" (about 3 out of 10 will reply)

Step 8: Ask those followers what do they like to do and if they like YouTube. soon they will reply with "party, dance, sing, hangout etc and i love youtube!"
Step 9: now, tell them you like to do the same, and that you also like YouTube ! tell them about your content and how much your friends are liking your videos! this way they will instantly become interested. ask if you can send them your link (never send the link without asking first, trust me, they all say SURE and its worth the wait).
Step 10: dont stop there, ask them other things and continue the conversation for another 2-3+ messages. BE INTERESTED IN THEM! this isnt about you!

Step 11: add them to a twitter list where you keep all the followers you have interacted with. this way, you can click on the LIST and see all your hardcore followers tweets all together instead of seeing the regular tweet feed/timeline. [adding users to a list is the same as adding a user to your favorites list]

Step 12:
Keep scheduling relevant tweets, stuff that your target audience would like. The followers will continue to build, and your hustle must continue.

It takes about a week to gain 100 followers on Twitter with this technique.
Out of 100 followers about 30 respond to my DMs saying Hi!, from there about 20 convert to subscribers.
If you keep your YouTube link on your BIO on Twitter, 100 twitter followers usually convert to 20-30 link clicks even if you dont use the technique above. YOU STILL GET VIEWS. but only about 1 or 2 subs per 100-200 views, so its slow. Without actually DM-ing or interacting with them (liking their tweets/retweeting them) you wont get many subs. Put in the work and get to know THEM! LOVE THEM! This is NOT about you!

Step 13: Do this about 2-3 times, and reach 100+ REAL subscribers that you actually interact with!

REMEMBER THIS IS ABOUT GETTING TO KNOW YOUR FOLLOWERS AND SHOWING THEM LOVE. this isnt about you. (keep that embedded in your brain.) Dont stop interacting with them as soon as they sub! Keep the conversation going, add them to a list, and come back to them in a couple days to chat!

Thank you guys! If you've read this far reply below with "#TwentySaidIt" & your comments if any and i will make sure to update this post with TECHNIQUE #2. if this post gets enough people responding / learning! thanks again!

Reactions: notjamie

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks for the tutorial -- I've been pretty lost when it comes to Twitter. I didn't even know you could add people to lists! :eek:

I've moved this to the tutorials/articles forum. ^_^

Reactions: twenty

twenty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
Thanks for the tutorial -- I've been pretty lost when it comes to Twitter. I didn't even know you could add people to lists! :eek:

I've moved this to the tutorials/articles forum. ^_^
When i found this feature on Twitter i made sure to take full advantage of it! I have 20+ lists that categorize from Radio Personalities that Ive spoken to, Rappers that I have collaborated with, fans ive interacted with, and a list of users i have converted to subscribers.. I dont need to use much brain power to filter out so much craappp from my regular homepage feed when i can filter by clicking on any desired list to see what really matters to me :)

Reactions: KatyAdelson

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This seems like a very comprehensive and useful way to grow a genuine fanbase. Thanks for the share, I'll be sure to try and implement this with my own use of Twitter.[DOUBLEPOST=1475280766,1475280679][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and... #TwentySaidIt

Reactions: twenty

avilsd

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is great for those who are just starting out. And even for those who are big on YouTube but are new to Twitter

spektronomy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This sure looks like a well-thought plan and I will sure try it out:D Thanks mate! #TwentySaidIt