How to establish a dedicated audience?

ShireenPlaysYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to this website but it has helped me a lot in the time that I've been here. I've had my gaming channel for five years and I love being a YouTuber but the problem is that I don't know how to gain a dedicated audience or a fan base?

I think a lot of small YouTubers have the same problem: I've tried to make my videos unique, I try to bring my personality across and post my videos on social media and other forum sites but I still don't get as much interaction on my videos as I would like.

Can anyone help me?

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you tried q and a? Or competitions?
That might get your viewers to comment
A lot of lets play youtubers usually have an image of themselves in the video thumbnails - this might help to really give that sense of personality

Reactions: ShireenPlaysYT

JayyDaGawd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to this website but it has helped me a lot in the time that I've been here. I've had my gaming channel for five years and I love being a YouTuber but the problem is that I don't know how to gain a dedicated audience or a fan base?

I think a lot of small YouTubers have the same problem: I've tried to make my videos unique, I try to bring my personality across and post my videos on social media and other forum sites but I still don't get as much interaction on my videos as I would like.

Can anyone help me?
its really tough being a small youtuber in the year of 2017. It takes months maybe even a year or 2 to actually grow a consistent fan base. If you keep grinding you will eventually see your channel grow as long as you post quality content with a nice schedule of when you upload. Don't worry about your numbers until you are making any sort of money on youtube!

Ive actually checked out your channel and your doing a fine job. I feel like you got a channel art revamp to make your channel a little better looking, that would be fantastic in my opinion.

ShireenPlaysYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Have you tried q and a? Or competitions?
That might get your viewers to comment
A lot of lets play youtubers usually have an image of themselves in the video thumbnails - this might help to really give that sense of personality
I done a Q&A for my 500 sub special but I hrdly got enough questions to make a video... I've asked for questions in my videos and on social media but I don't usually get a response.[DOUBLEPOST=1508863189,1508862964][/DOUBLEPOST]
its really tough being a small youtuber in the year of 2017. It takes months maybe even a year or 2 to actually grow a consistent fan base. If you keep grinding you will eventually see your channel grow as long as you post quality content with a nice schedule of when you upload. Don't worry about your numbers until you are making any sort of money on youtube!

Ive actually checked out your channel and your doing a fine job. I feel like you got a channel art revamp to make your channel a little better looking, that would be fantastic in my opinion.
Thank you I appreciate you look at my channel - I'm not worries about the numbers right now, what do you mean revamp my channel art? Do you mean my banner?

JayyDaGawd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I done a Q&A for my 500 sub special but I hrdly got enough questions to make a video... I've asked for questions in my videos and on social media but I don't usually get a response.[DOUBLEPOST=1508863189,1508862964][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you I appreciate you look at my channel - I'm not worries about the numbers right now, what do you mean revamp my channel art? Do you mean my banner?
possibly make a new one thats more catchy??? I just think its kinda boring, not many effects to it or anything. Check out my channel to try to understand what I mean. I made my logo and channel art myself just messing around. :)

ShireenPlaysYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Talk to them, acknowledge them in your videos, share their comments, make video based on what they want to see.
I do the problem is that I hardly get comments; I have a few dedicated subs who give me suggestions and I do use them in videos.

ShireenPlaysYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
possibly make a new one thats more catchy??? I just think its kinda boring, not many effects to it or anything. Check out my channel to try to understand what I mean. I made my logo and channel art myself just messing around. :)
My banner does have a grunge filter on it but I may add my social links just incase and I think your banner is too busy for me :?

Last edited:

TGP-ROB

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think its all about knowing the right friend groups and posting videos relate-able to their interests
They will be ur main view source until one day you expand from a viral video being like 1k views on a channel that averages like 10-50 views a vid
Its all about the one hit wonders until you build those viewers

Reactions: ShireenPlaysYT

ShireenPlaysYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think its all about knowing the right friend groups and posting videos relate-able to their interests
They will be ur main view source until one day you expand from a viral video being like 1k views on a channel that averages like 10-50 views a vid
Its all about the one hit wonders until you build those viewers
I agree, that's very true