How to edit with photoshop CS6

SemiGodGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
So i'm kinda stuck because I need to know how to edit image overlays on my videos because i'm planning to make a Q&A video once my channel reaches 100 subscribers but well I don't know how to make it so the video is still playing while the images is just added like on the bottom because it's going to be some gameplay over me doing the Q&A while the comments are still showing up on the bottom so please help I really need it because I want the image to show with the gameplay surrounding it :) Kinda like how KSI did his Q&A where he was talking in the video while comments were showing at the bottom or when SkyDoesThings did his latest Sky gets roasted video.

ItsJustJames

Releasing my inner child since 2016
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Let's first identify what video editor you're using. Photoshop is, as you're aware, a photo editor. Yes, it can create elements that are used for video but no, you do not edit video inside it. For what you want to do, you can almost certainly achieve this in a video editor such as Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut ect; you don't actually need Photoshop.

Which editor do you use and we might be able to give you some specific guidance?

James.

Comaxi

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just carry on trying and you will become an expert! Back in the real world there are plenty of videos out there to help!

SemiGodGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Let's first identify what video editor you're using. Photoshop is, as you're aware, a photo editor. Yes, it can create elements that are used for video but no, you do not edit video inside it. For what you want to do, you can almost certainly achieve this in a video editor such as Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut ect; you don't actually need Photoshop.

Which editor do you use and we might be able to give you some specific guidance?

James.
Well then how do you use sony vegas pro 13 because I need to know how to add text and images to my videos but it's way to confusing.

ItsJustJames

Releasing my inner child since 2016
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
To add text:
1. Go to Media Generators Tab
2. Click Text
3. Drag Default Text icon to the timeline (above video layer)
4. Adjust the text content, colour, size ect ect

To add an image overlay: (It's called Picture-n-Picture or PIP)
1. Put your video layer on the timeline at the bottom
2. Import and drag your image to the timeline (above video)
3. Use pan/crop to adjust it's size and position. Once resized it will reveal the video beneath

Good luck!
James.