How to Comment

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
This post is for the channels in this forum who ive seen comment on a lot of videos.

I receive a lot of comments that end up in the "likely spam" folder. There are some channels who use commenting as a form of marketing or networking. If their comment ends up in the spam folder, I think that defeats the purpose of commenting as marketing.

If you were trying to reach the audience of the video, then you are out of luck because your comment has been hidden from public view. If you were trying to get the attention of the channel owner, your comment has been hidden in the "likely spam" folder where they might not see it right away. And because your comment has been tagged as spam the channel owner knows you are probably mass spamming and perhaps your complimentary comment will seem insincere ad generic. And they are probably less likely to take it seriously.

And there are some people who dont care. There is a kids channel that would automatically comment on almost every video. I think they were running a script and i had to block them. I did notice their subscribers were growing so there was some cosmetic effect but i doubt they were getting actual viewers.

Anyways if you look around i think you'll find some info on commenting. I read somewhere the max was like 20 comments a day before you are tagged as a spammer for the period. I dont know if that number is accurate. I seldom do comment marketing. Im having trrouble getting myself to do normal commenting on a regular basis. but when i do comment marketing, i try to limit myself to less than15 comments per day, with 3-15 minutes between each comment so i am not hitting some rate quota if there is one.

Maybe not too many comments on the same channel so they dont report you for spamming

Try to leave sincere comments and not the same comment on every video. Maybe yt checks for duplicate comments. Not sure.

Dont add any links to comment. Those usually end up in the likely spam folder. And if youtube doesnt do it, im sure many channel owners will manually tag linked comments as spam.

Just because you can see your comment under your account does not mean your comment is visible. When under "likely spam" folder the comment is visible only to you. You should check the video again with another browser and different youtube account or no yt account to see of your comment is really public still.

Ive seen many comments that are public to me now, but later in the day yt has moved it into likely spam. I assume it is because i saw the comment when the user first started commenting. And throughout the day they were commenting too much and exceeded some quota so all or most of their comments were eventually moved to the likely spam folder by yt.

I dont know if youtube adds to the comment quota if you reply to any comments from your channel. Ive been told it shouldnt. And i think replying from channel doesnt add to quota. So i freely reply to comments.

I personally dont mind these kind of comments because i know where you guys are coming from and yt does say to interact with people. Its better than the hate comments. I just think some people are wasting their time if they were trying to do some marketing because their comments are tagged as spam.

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I take out the "likely spam" comments and publish them because most of the time, even if they are spamming, they are not hurting anyone.

Reactions: FamilyToyReview

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I take out the "likely spam" comments and publish them because most of the time, even if they are spamming, they are not hurting anyone.
Same here. Since commenting is supposed to help your video a little bit in the algorithm. I dont know if likely spam comments are excluded from the algorithm or not. But i approve most of them anyways. But not everyone does. Ill probably stop if I start to receive too many comments.

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So are you only allowed to comment on 20 videos a day? I've never heard that before.

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
So are you only allowed to comment on 20 videos a day? I've never heard that before.
You can comment as many times as you want. After so many comments, your comments will show up in "likely spam" where they will not be seen publicly. Im not sure what the threshold is but ive seen 20 mentioned in one post. I suggest people look around for more info on that. But the less than 15 comments have worked for me.

I just think most people arent aware their comments are showing up in spam folder. Especially if they are only checking from their youtube accounts.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks, I know there are limits of how many subscribers you can sign up for per a certain timeframe (50 per 3 hours?) but was not aware of a limit where your comments are classed as spam. Makes sense though if they would!

While your comments are correct for most of the channels, the S4S, R4R scene would be different in my opinion as they're "trained" to work with messages coming in and approving them in their spam folder.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is a kids channel that would automatically comment on almost every video. I think they were running a script and i had to block them. I did notice their subscribers were growing so there was some cosmetic effect but i doubt they were getting actual viewers..
Hahaha, it's not me is it? :shy2:
Just kidding, I think I know who it is ;)
I wish I had more time for commenting on others' videos, I'm seriously lagging replying to comments on our channel, and even more behind with the laundry :sick2: I think the socks have crawled across the floor and back into the drawer :furious:

Reactions: KidsCorner

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
the S4S, R4R scene would be different in my opinion as they're "trained" to work with messages coming in and approving them in their spam folder.
Hahahaha that's a classic! ROTFL :bounce:

The 50/3 hours I think is 50/24 hours until a reset. I think there's also a speedie block in there, something like 20 in quick succession.

Reactions: KidsCorner

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hahaha, it's not me is it? :shy2:
Just kidding, I think I know who it is ;)
I wish I had more time for commenting on others' videos, I'm seriously lagging replying to comments on our channel, and even more behind with the laundry :sick2: I think the socks have crawled across the floor and back into the drawer :furious:
yea i see that eggtrepreneurial channel almost everywhere.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview