How To Beat Nervousness?!

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I want to upload my first video soon, but I can't get past nervousness and fear of hitting the upload button. I know that nervousness is normal while recording (I discovered that) but is it normal to be nervous right before an upload? Do you have any tips on calming yourself down?

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's really natural to be nervous for the first few uploads.

You get better at it as you go on with your channel :)

I posted them with the mindset that nobody was really going to see them so maybe think like that?

Reactions: AsylumOfLoki

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The best way to get over it is to get through your first videos, upload them, and keep going. Practice is the best cure for stage fright, I think.

Rachel Berry

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's SO normal. I get nervous just thinking about making a video sometimes. But what helps me is to look at the facts: I'm just a person in a room with a camera. If I don't want to upload something I don't have to! Plus the internet is just so large that a video I'm making isn't going to receive any major judgement. Hope this helped :)

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's SO normal. I get nervous just thinking about making a video sometimes. But what helps me is to look at the facts: I'm just a person in a room with a camera. If I don't want to upload something I don't have to! Plus the internet is just so large that a video I'm making isn't going to receive any major judgement. Hope this helped :)
The best way to get over it is to get through your first videos, upload them, and keep going. Practice is the best cure for stage fright, I think.
It's really natural to be nervous for the first few uploads.

You get better at it as you go on with your channel :)

I posted them with the mindset that nobody was really going to see them so maybe think like that?
Thank you all so much! You really helped!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I was so nervous uploading my first video. I was worried people were going to hate it and tell me to go die or something. =S But after I uploaded, literally no one watched except my hamster (er..actually just me lol). That might sound like a bad thing, but for me, it was like a huge relief -- no haters came! woot! lol! xD The next video was so much easier to upload. I think the first one is the scariest, but after that it gets a little easier. =)

My tip would be to just do it. Click the little publish button and don't look back (and maybe reward yourself with chocolate or something). ^^ It's easy to overthink things too much, but it's only your first video -- we all learn to grow from our first videos. ^^

Reactions: Loki Doki

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else, only way to get through the forest..is to well walk through it. Just upload it and once you get over that hurdle you'll be good :)

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was so nervous uploading my first video. I was worried people were going to hate it and tell me to go die or something. =S But after I uploaded, literally no one watched except my hamster (er..actually just me lol). That might sound like a bad thing, but for me, it was like a huge relief -- no haters came! woot! lol! xD The next video was so much easier to upload. I think the first one is the scariest, but after that it gets a little easier. =)

My tip would be to just do it. Click the little publish button and don't look back (and maybe reward yourself with chocolate or something). ^^ It's easy to overthink things too much, but it's only your first video -- we all learn to grow from our first videos. ^^
Thank you! That helps me a lot.

Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just do it! It's completely normal feeling nervous during the first video (hell even after 10 videos, or 20) and it would be weird if happened the contrary. It's because this is something completely outside of our comfort zone, every youtubers went through this. Don't be afraid that other people won't like your video because you can't please anyone and we overcriticize ourselves way too much!

JRTrax

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator