How Long is Your Outro?

Douglas MacKrell

The Internet's Foremost Sexpro
I'm starting work on a unified outro/animated end slate for my episodes to help drive traffic to subscribe and check out other videos - but as I design it, I wanted to know - if you use one in your videos, how long do keep it on screen?

I fear 10 seconds may be too long, and 5 seconds may be too short.

What are your feelings about the outros you see on your favorite channels, and what do you think works best?

I keep my outro's on for 10 seconds as I think thats the best way to go, Mine is designed so you can click on previous video and it obviously takes you to that, then I have Random video which does what it says (takes you to a random video on my channel). I also have the name of my channel at the top and a subscribe at the bottom :) Its pretty easy to make :D

My outro is 10 seconds with some music.
It shows 3 videos from last week and a subscribe button.
It also has my twitter link and facebook link near the subscribe button.

I keep my outro's on for 10 seconds as I think thats the best way to go, Mine is designed so you can click on previous video and it obviously takes you to that, then I have Random video which does what it says (takes you to a random video on my channel). I also have the name of my channel at the top and a subscribe at the bottom :) Its pretty easy to make :D

That's supercool - is there a built in randomizer in annotations that I missed, or is it curated by you - and a blind link for the viewer?

Also - it seems like by popular opinion that 5 seconds IS way too short and that between 10-15 seconds is best because it gives folks a chance to react.

As for what information to include:
  1. channel/show branding
  2. previous video
  3. social media link/website info
  4. subscribe
  5. randomizer/secondary video choice/other cool thing

Back