How long do you take to make some stable income from Youtube?

hoobagames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe many of you may also like me, use google adsense on your youtube videos, hoping maybe the videos can generate some income, however much it maybe. I wonder what it takes to start making some relatively stable income for your channel (when i say stable, i dont mean like an amount that can take over your day job, more like to the point you feel quite guarantee that you can make say like $10 a month, or $50, or even $100)?

1. How many video did you post to make it to that points?
2. how much promotion did you do?
3. from what you heard and/or from your experience, does it eventually will start making money, or really have to go viral before you can make money? I understand content really matters, but I run a gaming channel that makes first look videos and walkthrough videos (mostly ios/android games). Content seems to be quite depends on the game itself, and maybe not easy to make them go viral.

Reactions: BrinoVlogs

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi

This issue has been up a lot.. I think the common believe is that you shouldn’t count on adsense for a steady income. (Im not saying that you cant make 10$ a month but even 10$ can be really hard to make IMO)

Lets say you wanna promote some of your videos…. The problem is that the cost of promoting videos will get much higher than your profit. (again my experience)

If you want to make an income I think you should look around for some sponsors…

Best of luck to you:)

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do not believe 'stable' should be used in the same sentance as 'youtube income'.
The ride is like a rollacoaster. Every channel earn different revenue. And each month is different.
Basically there is no right answer other than finding out for your own channel in time.
Keep uloading good quality contant and you will earn some cash.

hoobagames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi

This issue has been up a lot.. I think the common believe is that you shouldn’t count on adsense for a steady income. (Im not saying that you cant make 10$ a month but even 10$ can be really hard to make IMO)

Lets say you wanna promote some of your videos…. The problem is that the cost of promoting videos will get much higher than your profit. (again my experience)

If you want to make an income I think you should look around for some sponsors…

Best of luck to you:)
That is probably some good advice. But the prerequisite for getting a sponsorship seems to be quite high, probably inpossible for a beginner mobile game youtuber. I imagine i probably need to have like a bunch of subscribers, like 50k or so, A+ contents, a lot of videos. Should a beginner like me even think about getting sponsor? With my type of content, should i think about finding sponsor ever? Or do you have any tips on how should i look for sponsor?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In come varies wildly. One month can be $10,000, the next $1,000, then it's back up to $5,000, then down again to $2,000. Only the top channels are able to maintain fairly stable income, mostly due to a large backlog that generates constant views, and viral, on trend current videos. You can have a serious drop in views for 1-2 months on the latest uploads, but if you have a strong backlog, your overall view count ind income remain at fairly substantial levels.

1. It took us about 60 videos and around 6-9 months to generate "stable" income.
2. I did a fair amount of adwords promotion. I found all other social media promotion to be a massive waste of time for the kids vertical.
3. I have found from our channel, and analysis of other channels, that you generally need 1 video to go viral in the order of 10M-20M views in 1-3 months, and follow it up with other semi-viral videos (1M-10M views) for the channel to get traction, build authority, and start some sort of "auto-pilot" growth. There are 100+ caveats to this and it required flawless, on trend backend execution to grow and maintain traffic after the initial viral surges have subsided. It's got a lot to do with traffic levels and maintaining your traffic rankings against other channels, each one hungry and eager for growth.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In come varies wildly. One month can be $10,000, the next $1,000, then it's back up to $5,000, then down again to $2,000. Only the top channels are able to maintain fairly stable income, mostly due to a large backlog that generates constant views, and viral, on trend current videos. You can have a serious drop in views for 1-2 months on the latest uploads, but if you have a strong backlog, your overall view count ind income remain at fairly substantial levels.

1. It took us about 60 videos and around 6-9 months to generate "stable" income.
2. I did a fair amount of adwords promotion. I found all other social media promotion to be a massive waste of time for the kids vertical.
3. I have found from our channel, and analysis of other channels, that you generally need 1 video to go viral in the order of 10M-20M views in 1-3 months, and follow it up with other semi-viral videos (1M-10M views) for the channel to get traction, build authority, and start some sort of "auto-pilot" growth. There are 100+ caveats to this and it required flawless, on trend backend execution to grow and maintain traffic after the initial viral surges have subsided. It's got a lot to do with traffic levels and maintaining your traffic rankings against other channels, each one hungry and eager for growth.
Ugh.. reading this made me even more depressed haha..

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I imagine i probably need to have like a bunch of subscribers, like 50k or so, A+ contents, a lot of videos. Should a beginner like me even think about getting sponsor?
Yeah you need to build an audience for sure.. I think you can do with less than 50.000 subscribers an still be interesting for sponsors:) But no matter how you are trying to make money from YouTube i will be VERY hard work.....Ans especially in the beginning.. And again it doesnt matter if it´s adsense or sponsors.. Nothing comes from nothing:)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't look at our analytics for a few days now, it gets me really depressed. This gig is bloody hard.
:( I have been watching a lot of top channels and it seems everyone is down right now... I'm just hoping to eventually make enough to cover the mortgage haha.. Yes, its super hard... just as soon as you think you're taking off.. everything crashes.. but at least it seems you are maintaining views! A million a day is crazy!