How long do you take to make some stable income from Youtube?

risharde

Reaction score
Hoobagames, from my experience, it takes a lot to make money on adwords... different content and niches also get different viewership responses...

So basically, to make things short.. you'd probably need 100,000 views per video to make anything substantial...

Reaction score
it required flawless, on trend backend execution to grow and maintain traffic after the initial viral surges have subsided. It's got a lot to do with traffic levels and maintaining your traffic rankings against other channels, each one hungry and eager for growth.

Would you be willing to elaborate a bit on this point? When you say "on trend backend execution", are you referring to your use of adwords?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Would you be willing to elaborate a bit on this point? When you say "on trend backend execution", are you referring to your use of adwords?
On trend = doing what's popular, where Yt is sending the mass traffic, where the channels with the top traffic are focused, ex surprise eggs and toy unboxing are pretty much dead but wacky skits are in (for the most part).
Backend = all else you do behind the scenes - tags/title/description/CC/intl translations/playlists strategies/branding/home page design/thumbnails/adwords/etc

Reaction score
On trend = doing what's popular, where Yt is sending the mass traffic, where the channels with the top traffic are focused, ex surprise eggs and toy unboxing are pretty much dead but wacky skits are in (for the most part).
Backend = all else you do behind the scenes - tags/title/description/CC/intl translations/playlists strategies/branding/home page design/thumbnails/adwords/etc
Got it, thanks!

hoobagames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i dunno, everything sound pretty hopeless for now, even if I only aim to make some extra money. I read other post, people get only like a few hundred even tho they had over 1mil views. I managed to get over 10k view in the last couple of years, just past the adsense requirement, for unknown reason i got 9 sub in the last several years, and 1 more in last month. I only have 10 subs and 15k views total now. I really cant spend a lot of time on this. is it pointless to just keep posting videos?

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i dunno, everything sound pretty hopeless for now, even if I only aim to make some extra money. I read other post, people get only like a few hundred even tho they had over 1mil views. I managed to get over 10k view in the last couple of years, just past the adsense requirement, for unknown reason i got 9 sub in the last several years, and 1 more in last month. I only have 10 subs and 15k views total now. I really cant spend a lot of time on this. is it pointless to just keep posting videos?
You're always competing with your fellow channels with similar rankings. If others improve while you stand still, the views will drop as you deliver less views than others with similar ranking. Things are becoming increasingly competitive and you need constant improvement/adoption to keep things steady and/or grow. If you drop the ball, the next upcoming will step in quickly and take your spot.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
In reality, youtube income is never stable, ad rates change all the time, your better off with patreon, or twitch subs for a regular income.

But ill answer your questions using my own youtube experience.
Since I upload so slowly, my income is pretty regular, mainly relying on older videos being consistently re-watched.

1. How many video did you post to make it to that points?
- 22 videos at the moment, but obviously that depends on your type of content.

2. how much promotion did you do?
- none really, only got a twitter/tumblr/facebook page for my stuff in the last couple of years, though I would definitely recommend making a twitter if you upload slow.

3. from what you heard and/or from your experience, does it eventually will start making money, or really have to go viral before you can make money?
- Just from my experience, going viral definitely gives you a boost but it's not necessary. For my kind of content it is, posting only a few times a year means every single post must go semi-viral. Many times one video for me, needs to perform the same results that say 100 videos can do for another youtuber.

Reactions: markkaz

NavaTheLeader

Reaction score
Based on My Experience the Stable income will come When You get a LOT and LOYAL Subscribers. LOYAL Subscribers will always watch Your Uploaded Videos for sure, then of course it will Boost Your income. So, after that, You can FOCUS just to make a GREAT CONTENT for Your Subscribers REGULARLY.. It Works! :)

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
first off, it should be for fun / not for money or you will despise doing it after a short time.

From a strictly business point of view, you have to have multiple "streams of revenue." More streams of revenue = more money. Adsense = 1 stream. Merch = 1 stream. Brand deals = 1 stream. Partnerships = 1 stream.

So to answer your question, it depends on how you're doing it and what you're doing/how long. Typically 1 million views on a video = roughly $1,000 on adsense alone. So you can see how the bigger channels can make more money easily because they've built this up.

The road up is tough and takes most people several years to gain a following. The exceptions are viral videos, success on other platforms, collabs with other YouTubers, or hitting trending topics consistently. There's a lot more behind the "hard work" that creates the illusion of "luck".

Reactions: markkaz

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
first off, it should be for fun / not for money
Nothing wrong with doing it for money, as long as you will not think it's going to be easy money. I started this thing as a business, not for fun. Doing it for over a year now and don't despise it, still full with energy to make it work.