How does this video compare to other YouTube videos you watched this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pioneer1

Liking YTtalk
Hi all,

I saw the words "How does this video compare to other YouTube videos you watched this week?" numerous times when I go to Youtube homepage. Does this impact Youtube rankings of your videos if people choose one of the worst as an example. Have a look at the image below.

1.png

I feel like it probably isnt good for your videos or your channel. This is just theory, but youtube may select certain videos to see how the public feels about them. Image if everyone clicked "One of the worst" and youtube just gives up on your channel because they feel it only has bad content that viewers dont want to see. Scary thought, especially since there are so many "trolls" online. Also people may be more inclined to click "one of the worst" simply because they are irritated by the ad. I dont know but its a good question.

I haven't ever seen this yet. I would hope that they at least only serve it up to people who have actually taken the time to watch the video. Thanks for the heads up, though. Time for us to do some googling to find out more.

I feel like it probably isnt good for your videos or your channel. This is just theory, but youtube may select certain videos to see how the public feels about them. Image if everyone clicked "One of the worst" and youtube just gives up on your channel because they feel it only has bad content that viewers dont want to see. Scary thought, especially since there are so many "trolls" online. Also people may be more inclined to click "one of the worst" simply because they are irritated by the ad. I dont know but its a good question.

Yes I agree with you. Can be a very scary proposition if trolls attack your videos like this.

I haven't ever seen this yet. I would hope that they at least only serve it up to people who have actually taken the time to watch the video. Thanks for the heads up, though. Time for us to do some googling to find out more.

The image i attached is a video I watched yesterday. So I assume Youtube serve this only to people that watched the video. This is probably the 10th time I seen this on my YouTube homepage for different videos I have watched.

Wow! It's like star ratings have come back but in survey-form. :eek:

I haven't seen this either, but it's interesting. I'd imagine this is going to have a part in the YouTube algorithm. I kind of wonder what Google thinks is important about the rating of a video the day after someone has watched it. I guess "Likes" have somewhat morphed to "I'm a subscriber, so I like their videos," rather than an honest rating. I'm not really sure how I feel about this new survey idea... :eek:

Wow! It's like star ratings have come back but in survey-form. :eek:

I haven't seen this either, but it's interesting. I'd imagine this is going to have a part in the YouTube algorithm. I kind of wonder what Google thinks is important about the rating of a video the day after someone has watched it. I guess "Likes" have somewhat morphed to "I'm a subscriber, so I like their videos," rather than an honest rating. I'm not really sure how I feel about this new survey idea... :eek:

Yes, it is kinda survey, but imagine all the people that watched your video(s) the previous day and they rate you very low. It might somehow impact your whole channel or just individual video for quality content. Who knows might impact recommended / suggested videos.

Interesting but scary indeed ....

Huh. Interesting. I'd love to hear how YouTube uses these results. Could bad ratings affect your videos' results in search? That wouldn't be any fun at all.

It's a pretty ridiculous question. Imagine the video you've just finished watching is a gaming video and all the other videos you've watched were cat videos. It's trying to compare apples with oranges.

It's a pretty ridiculous question. Imagine the video you've just finished watching is a gaming video and all the other videos you've watched were cat videos. It's trying to compare apples with oranges.

I agree it is weird indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back