how do you market?

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok ok. so I find it EXTREMELY hard to market my youtube channel. after i put the time and effort into the videos i make. Nothing comes of it. More often then not my vids never seem to break the 20 view mark. I tweet on twitter, put links up on fb and go around google+ and despite all this. barely anything ever happens.
Now for me i am simply not that social, so perhaps that is a factor. I have tried paid advertisement, but that's a complete rip-off.
So my question is. How do you market your channel/videos? and how may i improve?
Also does anybody else feel that youtube needlessly punishes your channel in rankings, because that's a primary factor for me, im sure of it.
I also want to state, before anyone says so. I fill my video with relevant tags, in the title, description and the tag box, and (at least i like to believe) i have interesting thumbnails.

Last edited:
Reactions: S_Mielz

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum. ^^

I've never marked my videos, so I'm probably no help -- but filling out the video description with an essay of information and really optimizing my tags seems to have helped some of my videos gain traction in the YouTube search. ^^

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Would probably add on putting effort on the tags, have as much relevant tags as possible.
You could also try Reddit, that you should treat as another forum, posting in the relevant subreddits. I hope you will get the views you deserve!
Good luck!

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have tried paid advertisement, but that's a complete rip-off.
Yes you have to be very careful with paid advertisement, but i can work..:)
You are spot on with the social media thing -It only works if you are social:) and I guess im kind of like you (not very social and not even on Fakebook) I have paid someone to promote my videos on REDDIT and it has gain me a lot of subscribers, views and comments (but also s**t comments)
So if you are not that social and dont have a budget I got these 2 tips for you.
1. SEO and 2 collaborations:up2: These 2 things has helped my channel grow a lot

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
I've seen more experienced YTers here mention "gateway videos" and when I look at my channel, I can see that is a problem. It makes sense that most any venture needs a hook or anchor. One big video can get people to come watch all the rest of your vids and then your channel will take off. Easier said than done, but it makes sense.

Reactions: S.A.D and Dave2017

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Just sticking to the current meta of advertising on forums, twitter, Facebook etc.

The whole "gateway video" mentioned is something I am currently going to work on. Creating a video which is relevant enough in the YouTube world but still sticking with my own video format to be able to become the "gateway video" to give myself the most exposure I can possibly get.

Reactions: odabaco

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
When hard times starts I use Adwords. You can get good deal on new adword account ( promotional coupon 100 in ads for 25.) I took this offer and set 1 dollar budget compaigns on some of my videos with 0.01 bid per 1 view/ This will help with new subs, friends and help your othe videos gain more views then staying dead in the water. This is the best first step IMHO.[DOUBLEPOST=1502150440,1502149951][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've seen more experienced YTers here mention "gateway videos" and when I look at my channel, I can see that is a problem. It makes sense that most any venture needs a hook or anchor. One big video can get people to come watch all the rest of your vids and then your channel will take off. Easier said than done, but it makes sense.
Even if you channel will take of there is not last long. YT will recommend you channels videos only if you steady going up with firs day views. If you happened ti have slide down that's where bad story begins . I have one evergreen video that saves me all the time, still it is not enough to change direction from down to up. Even one hit per month would;t do to get your in favor YT algo.You need to have viral videos every week to get stady up to the moon.

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have never tried Adwords but maybe I should give it a go:)
I will take time to understand all settings in Adwords. But most important to use descovery type adds for your videos with no more then 0.01 per view. That way you will get 10 K in views for you channel for 25 bucks and grow sub count.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It not only about marketing yourself probably. How is your content like, how many people are posting the same content, Is your content Unique?.

Hope it helps!

Last edited by a moderator: