How do you make the Blue Snowball sound as good as it possibly can!?

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
I have echos in my audio and I need to know how to fix that, but I also want to know how to make the audio sound as good as possible. Do you have any tips?

Have you went into your audio settings to check the correct device are enabled and disable any unnecessary inputs ?

I have echos in my audio and I need to know how to fix that, but I also want to know how to make the audio sound as good as possible. Do you have any tips?

What audio software are you using? I use a Blue Snowball. First is that, you have to get really close to the mic to even be able to hear your voice, or just boost the volume of your voice in an audio editing software. Then you just have to remove the background noise from your audio, which you can do in most audio editing software. I use Audacity and Audio Director 6. Both programs offer great tools. One program costs money, and the other is free.

What audio software are you using? I use a Blue Snowball. First is that, you have to get really close to the mic to even be able to hear your voice, or just boost the volume of your voice in an audio editing software. Then you just have to remove the background noise from your audio, which you can do in most audio editing software. I use Audacity and Audio Director 6. Both programs offer great tools. One program costs money, and the other is free.
I use Audacity!

I use a Blue Snowball myself I also had some echo when talking into it. So I will try to help you out here.

On the back of the microphone you will see that it has 3 different settings. Setting 1 is the cardioid mode which is mainly used for podcasts, vocals, vocal singing, voiceovers, and commentaries. It's suited for whenever you're speaking directly in front of the microphone.

Setting 2 is a cardioid mode with a -10 dB pad which means it captures louder sounds while keeping the quality. If you're recording something loud, such as loud music or live instruments, then this is the setting that you want to use.

Setting 3 is the omni-directional mode which picks up sound equally from all directions. This is best if you want to capture all the noise in a room, especially if you want to pick up all the background and ambient noises. This is suited for interviews, conferences, or nature settings.

The only downside about this microphone that I found was the recording level. It's quite low when recording into this microphone. You have to be close to the microphone for it to pick up that nice sound quality from your voice. Even with the input control turned almost all the way up on the computer, you still have to be close to the microphone for it to pick up a rich sound quality of your voice. Since you do have to be so close to the microphone when recording into it I recommend putting a pop filter on the Blue Snowball. It's not completely necessary, but for only $13 it's worth it to get the absolute best quality possible.

When you're talking into the Blue Snowball on setting 1 it does a great job of eliminating the unwanted background noise.

So, I hope that I have helped you out with this! :thumbsup2:

Back