How do you feel about the donation option ?

I don't think I would do it because I don't think people want to give me money. I'm not that kind of youtuber where people say "Oooh, I love this channel so much and the youtuber is so cute!".
I know another channel from my niche who set up a patreon account a few weeks ago. He so far got 81$ in his patreon and the people didn't react weirdly in the comments but still, I'm not in a place where I would do it and also I am not in need of money (even though it's always nice to have more ;))

I could use it, but don't. Adsense pays me enough to cover the bills.

I feel that many of my viewers could use the money much more than me.

If I was desperately poor, then I suppose ever penny counts, but that's not the case.

So, no, it wouldn't feel right to take people's money, especially when it's not going to change they way I do YT anyway.
This pretty much sums up how I feel as well on the topic.

The channel I run is for a non-profit animal shelter so it would be perfect for us, but I haven't set it up. We have about 560 subs. We just don't have a following on YouTube. However, if the channel ever picks up steam, we might try it. In a recent video that was about puppies who needed surgery, I used an annotation to the shelter's donate page on thier website. Less than 10 people clicked it on over 3,000 views (maybe it was me testing it) and I have no idea if anyone actually donated.

Back