How do you feel about the donation option ?

AllenSae

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey what's up guys, so I stumbled upon the donation option on youtube. How do you guys feel about setting that up? When should you set up the donation option? I was going to try it but I don't know if I should or not. Just the fact that I already feel bad if people give me money. What's your take on it ? Thanks for listening :)

Reactions: aarondafish

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Well i'd gladly take anyones money your money your moms money your dogs collar but i havent set up that donation button myself. I'm not in a position to do that so meh i'm good.

Jake103

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Dude u didn't even discuss donating in the description of it this is a poorly made topic I suggest u repost the topic or edit the description

AllenSae

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dude u didn't even discuss donating in the description of it this is a poorly made topic I suggest u repost the topic or edit the description
Hey jake, I just wanted to know other peoples intake on this subject. So i can use their feedback on my decision about this topic.

aarondafish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I mean, i guess its fine. I think id feel like i needed to do good with the money so id donate a lot of it :p

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I could use it, but don't. Adsense pays me enough to cover the bills.

I feel that many of my viewers could use the money much more than me.

If I was desperately poor, then I suppose ever penny counts, but that's not the case.

So, no, it wouldn't feel right to take people's money, especially when it's not going to change they way I do YT anyway.

Reactions: nad and AllenSae

AllenSae

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I could use it, but don't. Adsense pays me enough to cover the bills.

I feel that many of my viewers could use the money much more than me.

If I was desperately poor, then I suppose ever penny counts, but that's not the case.

So, no, it wouldn't feel right to take people's money, especially when it's not going to change they way I do YT anyway.
Thanks so much on your feedback. It means alot.

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I feel OK. People donate from time to time. Anyway our traffic is mainly from Japan and Japanese ads CPM is a pure joke. So adsense is of little use for us if any. :)

TaxOwlbear

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I prefer Patreon. It's more transparent.

I feel OK. People donate from time to time. Anyway our traffic is mainly from Japan and Japanese ads CPM is a pure joke. So adsense is of little use for us if any. :)
What CPM do you get in Japan? I have very few monetised views from Japan, but the CPM isn't bad.

Reactions: chottom

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would possibly set it up if i could (we can't have it in the UK) but i wouldn't promote it or anything just have it there so if people want to donate they can but I wouldn't make anyone as I feel that's unfair, I do have a patreon page which i link too in my descriptions but again I don't promote it as it can be the viewers choice whether they donate and I would never make anyone do it

Reactions: AllenSae and nad