Status
Not open for further replies.

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok, Me and my friends have been running our channel since April/march 2016,
Since then we have only gained 106 subscribes. From other channels I see, this i actually really bad.
So im asking how do you people, who have climbed so dame fast actually do it.
Before you say it, The videos are properly tagged, they can be found on search results (mostly) and they are well presented (I like to think, but may be biased). The channel has over 13'000 total views and over 207 videos.

I realize channels grow at different rates but when you see a channel younger than yours with over 100'000 subs, you wonder, what the hell.

So please I ask you for your help thanks.

winson yuen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My biggest tip that ACTUALLY helped me ALOT was to post videos that are only trendy and popular. Since your channel is gaming, I would say to play popular games that are new and that everybody is talking about. Just my opinion, good luck!

QuickTop 10's/5's

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think it is massively reliant on the type of channel you run from what I can see you have a gameplay and movie review styled channel now there are an absolute crap ton of those types of channels on youtube it is very hard to grow on youtube and as far as things go there is no really "Original" things you can do these days so honestly I think it really sums up to right place right time and a lot of luck

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have seen channels blow up too, your videos seem pretty good I looked at a couple. I do think your lighting could be better, your audio sounds good (these were things that I had to fix in my first videos) I have been doing this a month and hit 10 subs without hitting up friends and family. I am about to hit them up soon. What are you doing for a schedule? I have heard that you need to be reliable. There is a forum on reddit to have people critique your work.Check it out they gave me alot of good feedback and they may be able to help. Good Luck

mr.jacks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well you see when a mom and dad love wait.. never mind my bad we are talking about something else well I just started a couple weeks ago but some tips I have heard from other YouTube is being consistent share your videos on all your social media. Just be yourself and try your best to tag your videos so ppl can find them if you have to go on twitter and everyone who follows you or anyone related to your topic like coming ask them to check out your channel now not everyone will but who knows maybe some will I see it all the time good luck!

GrimPeter

Reaction score
My biggest tip that ACTUALLY helped me ALOT was to post videos that are only trendy and popular. Since your channel is gaming, I would say to play popular games that are new and that everybody is talking about. Just my opinion, good luck!
This might be a dumb question, but how do you determine what type of video is trending at a given moment? I don't follow too many big youtubers, so I'm not real up to speed on the current video trends. Is there somewhere to find popular tags and whatnot?

OzzyMikeNaz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This might be a dumb question, but how do you determine what type of video is trending at a given moment? I don't follow too many big youtubers, so I'm not real up to speed on the current video trends. Is there somewhere to find popular tags and whatnot?
There is a trending tab on the front page which will get you the trending videos of the area you are in.

Some people just get lucky, some pay for advertising and for views/subs. There is no exact science to it just keep plugging away and when gaming you will always get more hits playing the latest releases ASAP.

Reactions: GrimPeter

winson yuen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not a dumb question. You just have to stick around on YT or any other social media you may have. For me, my category is 'pranks/challenges' and I follow a lot of popular YouTubers who does the same thing. Basically, I get the trending ideas/videos from them. This has helped me tremendously, was stuck on ~400 subs for weeks last month and now at 2K. Good luck!

Reactions: GrimPeter

shirlierox

Reaction score
One way to get more eyes on your channel I think you could work on your seo for the videos to get extra traffic on the videos.

The tags you are using seem ok but these alone don't rank a video. I'm no expert at seo but Title, description and tags all have an impact on how you video is ranked when searched.

When you are a smaller channel you need to try and grab the low hanging fruit with keywords as you simply will be lost in the crowd trying to rank for things like Sniper Elite 4 Game review. You have to try and rank for things like Sniper Elite 4 new weapons or Sniper Elite 4 hidden weapon cache location.

Also fill out your descriptions to be more detailed as you only seem to use one line in the couple of videos I looked at. In the Sniper elite 4 game review video you have the title as Sniper Elite 4 game review but only then use the phrase Sniper Elite 4 in the description. You usually need to make sure Title, Tags and Description all match up with keywords so youtube knows what the content is about. Also the more information the better put an about Sniper elite 4 section, Sniper elite 4 features and links back to the games steam, console page or rebellions homepage etc.

The actual keyword to rank for is a hard choice eg for Sniper elite 4 game review this has 1.5 million results if you search on yt for it. If however you search for Sniper elite 4 performance review this has 114k results. So you need to try and pick something that is searched for but that you wont end up on page 10 when people search. A quick way of finding keyword is just with youtube when you start typing. Eg Sniper elite 4 a will bring back Sniper elite 4 all x rays, Sniper elite 4 all weapons

This is just the experience I've had so take it with a pinch of salt as I've only got 2k subs.

Wow I've shocked myself how much I can waffle so that's my wall of text over hope some it's useful and actually makes sense to people :)

Reactions: Painter

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This question is one of the most frequently asked questions on this forum. Because it has been discussed numerous times, the staff lock these threads.

Please check out the YouTube Tutorials, and Articles forum for some help:
http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-tutorials-articles-resources.10/

We also have the Channel Reviews / Feedback forum that can be helpful:
http://yttalk.com/forums/reviews-channel-feedback.64/

There is also an abundance of information in the Strategies and Technique forum:
http://yttalk.com/forums/strategies-technique-advice.14/

I wish you the best. ^_^

Reactions: Crown
Status
Not open for further replies.