How do I reach my target audience?

How much do tags affect video placement in searches

• A lot

• A decent amount

• Slightly

• It depends on the popularity and/or type of channel

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
I am a casual gamer (playing Hearthstone) and my first few videos do not have too many views. I know this is a common complaint, but is it my tags/descriptions/titles? I try to make good looking thumbnails and use informative and honest titles. I also fill my description and tags with keywords while trying not to spam (in the description). It seems as though my videos rank poorly in search engines. Any advice here would be helpful.

The Cold Abyss

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It could be what your posting.[DOUBLEPOST=1471226334,1471226145][/DOUBLEPOST]Also try to make a more descriptive about section. Try to find your audience for that game through facebook groups etc.

Reactions: CasualConstruction
Reaction score
It could be what your posting.[DOUBLEPOST=1471226334,1471226145][/DOUBLEPOST]Also try to make a more descriptive about section. Try to find your audience for that game through facebook groups etc.
I appreciate the advice. I always forget about social media since I'm not one for it, but I realize its importance, so I'll give it a shot!

Reactions: The Cold Abyss

The Cold Abyss

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I appreciate the advice. I always forget about social media since I'm not one for it, but I realize its importance, so I'll give it a shot!
Nice man I hope it helps you! (=[DOUBLEPOST=1471229362,1471229178][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for the likes man its very much appreciated! (=

Reactions: CasualConstruction

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am a casual gamer (playing Hearthstone) and my first few videos do not have too many views. I know this is a common complaint, but is it my tags/descriptions/titles? I try to make good looking thumbnails and use informative and honest titles. I also fill my description and tags with keywords while trying not to spam (in the description). It seems as though my videos rank poorly in search engines. Any advice here would be helpful.
Playing a bit of hearthstone myself (only one I still have time for a bit) but used to watch it quite a bit as well.

To make it on hearthstone (extremely saturated) you need to be very good and or have an amazing experience with the viewer. I noticed that the succesful ones are people like Day9, ThijsNL, Kibbler, Trump, Forsen, etc and they all have their personalities. Your video is very plain, it doesn't show you much as a person (no face cam?) and it's key to make it.

You seem to be focussed on advice style, but I'm not sure if you even have managed to get to legend yet (it shows the default card back?)? If you did, use your legend back to show for it? And don't tell people your rank is good, people after advice style videos willl see instantly if they like your reasoning. I like watching a video occasionally if I have the time but yours was not good enough if I compare it to the ones I used to watch (Day9, ThijsNL, Kibbler and Trolden). Watch them how they do it to improve your own videos. Yours could also flow a bit faster, no need to wait a lot.

One final thing to get noticed is to win tournaments that are streamed on twitch. Do you also play on twitch live? You can also send your best wins to Trolden and get exposure but it has to be cool to get people to look you up instead of their favorite players who post every day already.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You can get SEO perfect and have an amazing thumbnail, but unless you're the first to create a video about a trending topic, know how to promote, or have a big enough subscriber base already, you're not gonna be found on search. You could do a video on something that's not trending that no one has done before, this will put you on top of the search, but of course no one will really search for it. So what's even more important than SEO? The answer is knowing how to promote, even just a little, enough to get a couple of hundred views. Then SEO can carry the rest.

Reaction score
Playing a bit of hearthstone myself (only one I still have time for a bit) but used to watch it quite a bit as well.

To make it on hearthstone (extremely saturated) you need to be very good and or have an amazing experience with the viewer. I noticed that the succesful ones are people like Day9, ThijsNL, Kibbler, Trump, Forsen, etc and they all have their personalities. Your video is very plain, it doesn't show you much as a person (no face cam?) and it's key to make it.

You seem to be focussed on advice style, but I'm not sure if you even have managed to get to legend yet (it shows the default card back?)? If you did, use your legend back to show for it? And don't tell people your rank is good, people after advice style videos willl see instantly if they like your reasoning. I like watching a video occasionally if I have the time but yours was not good enough if I compare it to the ones I used to watch (Day9, ThijsNL, Kibbler and Trolden). Watch them how they do it to improve your own videos. Yours could also flow a bit faster, no need to wait a lot.

One final thing to get noticed is to win tournaments that are streamed on twitch. Do you also play on twitch live? You can also send your best wins to Trolden and get exposure but it has to be cool to get people to look you up instead of their favorite players who post every day already.
Solid review. Thanks for the honesty and your time!

Reactions: KidsCorner