How did you grow your channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feathers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'm really interested in people's stories, even if your channel is still small or it's huge, what do you do or what did you do to grow your channel? :D

It may help others and it's defiantly interesting to see other people's point of view!

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put it but hey. ^^;

LaurenLSexton

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey! I just took a look at your channel Feathers (because I'm nosey) and it looks really good, so I subscribed. I can't imagine you'll have trouble growing it.

I only have around 80 subscribers at the moment, but I'm always interested in hearing the ways other people help their channels to grow so thought I'd put in my bit! Whenever I upload a video I tweet it out, share it on Tumblr, StumbleUpon and Google+. I don't know how much this does, but I do know it sends a little bit of traffic to the videos. I also try and comment on other people's videos and get conversations going; again, I don't know how many people would see my comment and then head on over and watch a video, but it's doing no harm.

Has anyone tried AdWords for their videos? I know it's a pretty guaranteed way to get the view count up (though I doubt it does much for watch time overall, but a video that shows as having more views is more likely to attract new viewers I guess) but is it a beneficial way to get subscribers?

Reactions: Feathers

Feathers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey! I just took a look at your channel Feathers (because I'm nosey) and it looks really good, so I subscribed. I can't imagine you'll have trouble growing it.

I only have around 80 subscribers at the moment, but I'm always interested in hearing the ways other people help their channels to grow so thought I'd put in my bit! Whenever I upload a video I tweet it out, share it on Tumblr, StumbleUpon and Google+. I don't know how much this does, but I do know it sends a little bit of traffic to the videos. I also try and comment on other people's videos and get conversations going; again, I don't know how many people would see my comment and then head on over and watch a video, but it's doing no harm.

Has anyone tried AdWords for their videos? I know it's a pretty guaranteed way to get the view count up (though I doubt it does much for watch time overall, but a video that shows as having more views is more likely to attract new viewers I guess) but is it a beneficial way to get subscribers?

That's what I do too! I do Twitter, Facebook and StumbleUpon but it doesn't do a huge amount. I comment on other videos too, but don't think it does that much. I'm thinking the same thing about the views and adwords - I'm tempted to try a little advertising for the very beginning as it's the hardest part so that it can get rolling by itself! O: But I'm curious about what else I can do to get it out there.

And thank you ♥ I will do my best!

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a couple of channels in the past; however, I felt like I wasn't doing my best and I never felt happy with the end results, so after a couple of years of not uploading anything, I decided its time to do something I love and start putting in a lot more effort, and now I run my channel "definedlens" :)

I only have around 92 subscribers but I feel like they are true fans and not these sub4sub stuff I usually did.

Feathers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I had a couple of channels in the past; however, I felt like I wasn't doing my best and I never felt happy with the end results, so after a couple of years of not uploading anything, I decided its time to do something I love and start putting in a lot more effort, and now I run my channel "definedlens" :)

I only have around 92 subscribers but I feel like they are true fans and not these sub4sub stuff I usually did.
But how did you grow your channel? XD

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Growing my channel has been a bit of a struggle, I'm only at 35 subs. The growth has gotten a lot better over the past 2 months. I always post my stuff to Twitter and Facebook, I've gotten some growth from Facebook mostly from friends and family. I leave genuine comments on videos I like and have gained some subs and views that way. I never ask people to check out my channel or sub 4 sub, because honestly it's quite annoying.

It has been a great learning experience though, been able to interact with some cool YouTubers, learn a bit about SEO because I knew absolutely nothing a couple months ago, this site has been a great learning tool for my personally. Also, I think my content has improved quite a bit, I've completely accepted that YouTube will be a long term learning commitment for me, which is good since I do really enjoy making videos.

Feathers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I was actually tempted to try sub4sub at one point, just to see if the subscribers will help with SEO but then I feel like I'll get in trouble for it with YT so I didn't bother trying it x'D But it's good to enjoy it, I think it'll be long term learning for me too.

Sven Vee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Never do sub4sub, that just leads to empty subscriber counts, which benefits no one tbh. And I just try to be as active as I can on YT itself. Helps me the most to think of humourous and likeable comments so I get to top comment on videos. :) Have grown my channel significantly in the last 3 months just focussing on that

LaurenLSexton

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel like sub4sub doesn't work. I mean, it may get you a few subscribers in the beginning but as a whole other people see it as annoying and it would definitely put me off a channel, and make me not want to check it out, if I saw they were begging for subs.

Also, I feel like sub4sub subscribers aren't loyal watchers and are probably going to unsubscribe eventually. Though it's difficult I feel I'd rather than genuine people subscribing that enjoyed my content, rather than people just trying to get their numbers up.

swizz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you honestly have to self promote yourself..you cannot let youtube do all the work for you as it will not reward you with your expectations.. I told friends family members then i went to groups and spoke to small youtubers who produce QUALITY content LIKE ME... Currently I have 33 Subs but i started 11 DAYS AGO.. my channel is swizzlegacy check it out and tell me if you like what you see or not?[DOUBLEPOST=1488124904,1488124128][/DOUBLEPOST]whats up man i like your vids check out mine.. oh by the way? HOw long did it take you to reach 50,Subs then 100 and then finally 1000?

Reactions: Matthew Autry
Status
Not open for further replies.