HOW DID YOU GROW YOUR CHANNEL?

A. Chanelle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi guys, I thought I'd ask the YT community and see what happens. How did you grow your channel? I am new with my channel, pretty restless and I feel like there's no way to succeed without someone willing to help you, and nowadays, those people seem to not exist. So, if you feel you've been successful with your channel, how did you do it? I'd love to know. Thanks, and Happy Holidays! <3

My Channel: LIfeByChanelle

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
I watched a bunch of YouTube Creator Academy videos and used the tips they gave to make a series. Ever since then I've been gaining 1-2 subscribers a week. Still not a whole lot, but better than before :D

Reactions: CaptainDelugo

A. Chanelle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I watched a bunch of YouTube Creator Academy videos and used the tips they gave to make a series. Ever since then I've been gaining 1-2 subscribers a week. Still not a whole lot, but better than before :D
Thanks so much for your feedback! :)

Reactions: Talooka

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am new with my channel, pretty restless and I feel like there's no way to succeed without someone willing to help you, and nowadays, those people seem to not exist.
First: Instead of being restless about simple numbers WHY did you start YouTube? It seems to me you started it because you want to become an internet celebrity. Second: You JUST started your channel. Do you expect a handout from day one? Be part of the community, create content and perhaps... you will get noticed. Not because you want to get noticed, but because someone likes your content enough to give you a boost.

Happy holidays.

A. Chanelle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
First: Instead of being restless about simple numbers WHY did you start YouTube? It seems to me you started it because you want to become an internet celebrity. Second: You JUST started your channel. Do you expect a handout from day one? Be part of the community, create content and perhaps... you will get noticed. Not because you want to get noticed, but because someone likes your content enough to give you a boost.

Happy holidays.
Seems I did need a reality check. I started my vlog channel to help me get comfortable in front of the camera and get used to receiving feedback and criticism from people so I would be better prepared when I start my Main Channel which is going to be mostly about food. The point of my main channel is to serve as a platform for me to share my knowledge with the public and give people ideas on fun ways to make food healthy while still tasting good. I wouldn't say my restlessness is because of a desire to become a celebrity, but rather, because of my strong want of feedback from people to make myself better. I agree with you that I need to settle my nerves and exercise patience. Thank you for your feedback, I am humbled. Happy Holidays.

Kelkschiz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Growing you channel depends on having quality content and getting views. Having one without the other doesn't get you anything. Personally I find it best to focus on the quality of your content first. Don't make apologies, just make your videos better. Also you don't need feedback to start doing that. Just compare your videos with the videos you enjoy watching, see what they are doing, and ask yourself if it would make sense to incorporate those things in your videos. When you feel comfortable/proud of the quality of your videos, it is time to start promoting your videos. The best way to promote your videos is to be an active member of related communities. Which is also a thing you can do right away and hopefully a thing you are already doing.

Personally I am still mostly busy improving the quality of my content. Something that I find rewarding in itself.

That being said, like TheDutchTexan said, growing a channel does not happen overnight. Which is probably a good thing.

Last edited:

SwankGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi guys, I thought I'd ask the YT community and see what happens. How did you grow your channel? I am new with my channel, pretty restless and I feel like there's no way to succeed without someone willing to help you, and nowadays, those people seem to not exist. So, if you feel you've been successful with your channel, how did you do it? I'd love to know. Thanks, and Happy Holidays! <3

My Channel: LIfeByChanelle
I'm not succesful by any means lol I just started about 2.5 months ago and gained about 300 subs, but what helps me out is I always look for information like I'm sure you are. I study things like thumbnails and titles and everything I can just to get better. Not just with google, but spend time on youtube and other sites for information ! #YTGrind

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Consistent, regular, quality content is the starting space, as others have mentioned. One suggestion I really like is what @Talooka said about checking out the Youtube Creator Academy lessons...they have lessons on a wide variety of topics, and I think a lot of them are helpful to get the basics down.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I always promote my content on social media, it works for me, you should make a fan page of your YouTube channel and make sure that you brand your channel nicely. Do collabs and help others, this is very great idea to grow your channel :)