Honest feedback is appreciated!

Dixieee_

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey,

I just started a Youtube channel which is gonna be based around beauty & sfx, vlogs and daily random things. But mainly beauty & sfx.

I would love some honest feedback to what I can do better and to improve myself. Both videos are filmed with my iPhone 6s. And in the first video the sound was really bad, so for the second video I used my iPhone earplugs to use the mic. I talk a little low and relaxed in the second video because I live with two roommates who I hardly know and I feel embaressed to tell them about my channel. This will be better once I feel calm in front of the camera. ( I got social anxiety).

So if anyone got any tips how I can improve, that would be great! How can I improve when it comes to thumbnails, audio, editing? I do tag my videos, try to make good descriptions and thumbnails, but I feel like nobody can find my videos.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Perhaps it is too late. Three vids are small amount. As the phrase says built it and they will come :) actually don,t wait an overnight success. It is a long path but you can make it. You already have the basics on tagging, text (scripting) and aesthetics from your blog (i didn,t understood a word there :p ). So do your effort and hope for the best :)

Dixieee_

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for your response!

Yeah, I have a video edited, just need a last finishing touch.. Im considering uploading it tomorrow, just need to figure it when is the best time What did you mean with "Perhaps it is too late"?

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
ah, bad english... apologies...

"perhaps it is too early"

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
you are girl, that is your strongth, so you need put in sexy clothers to get more views from man, when you got more views from man, women will find you attractive.

secondly, in my experience, google just recommend channel 1000 subs up. so you should consider to buy subs.

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
you are girl, that is your strongth, so you need put in sexy clothers to get more views from man, when you got more views from man, women will find you attractive.

secondly, in my experience, google just recommend channel 1000 subs up. so you should consider to buy subs.
That is the worst advice I have ever heard, I am staring in disbelief and also trying not to laugh XD.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Honestly nothing stands out as being bad. All looks really good especially for your first 4 video uploads. Text could be bit bolder on the first two thumbnails. I wouldn't worry too much about your gear. People will watch if the content is good. People will be forgiving of bad video but not bad sound. You could level up your sound cheaply with a $10-15 lapel mic. -they are tiny mic on a lead that clips to your top shirt. iPhone 6 actually has a very good camera but you can capture even better quality by improving lighting with a couple of cheap soft boxes for about £35.. or a ring light good for vlogging. Well done so far!

Reactions: Dixieee_

Dixieee_

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you so much for a very in-depth answer, UhoohExtra!

Reactions: UhoohExtra

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
I say just keep going vid after vid it increases, and also put into account who your content appeals to, many guys don't really do make up though its probably increasing, just like many girls still aren't really into video games even though the number is probably increasing considering I know girl gamers.

Oh and make sure you continue to do you but improve.