Hitting the 1000 view mark on a video

Voov

Promotion platform for creators just like you
Having started Youtube just a month ago, we obviously didn't expect anything to viral, but one thing we've been finding hard to achieve is to get 1000 views on a single video. We have already over 1800 total views on the channel, but the maximum we've been capable of getting on a video is 560.

Are we supposed to keep on promoting the videos with the most views, or should we let it be, and just keep on uploading? Or does this not matter whatsoever, you think?

I would definitely say, keep on uploading. It would probably feel nice when a video reaches a lot of digits... but your other content needs to reach those numbers too someday! Try to not just focus on 1 video that you think is absolutely awesome... spread it out! Anyway, congrats on the 100 subscribers! :)

I would definitely say, keep on uploading. It would probably feel nice when a video reaches a lot of digits... but your other content needs to reach those numbers too someday! Try to not just focus on 1 video that you think is absolutely awesome... spread it out! Anyway, congrats on the 100 subscribers! :)

That's probably the wisest decision :) Thanks!

I finally hit over 1000 views on one of my vids a month ago it takes time man.

Just keep doing what you're doing :)

We've been going since December and only just started to get our videos near the 1000 mark. It takes time and you'll hit it!

For me I aim to get every video I upload to appear in the front page of targeted keywords. Youtube looks at your views and watch time during the first 48 hours to determine where it will rank long term. So after 48 hours, in general it's better to create a new video and promote that. But with that said, I've successfully re-promoted old videos to redirect some traffic to my new videos. I had an old but popular video with about 7.5k views and I was able to repromote it to a new crowd where it reached 10,000 views. This caused many of those viewers to check out my latest video which helped the new video rank higher in search.

For me I aim to get every video I upload to appear in the front page of targeted keywords. Youtube looks at your views and watch time during the first 48 hours to determine where it will rank long term. So after 48 hours, in general it's better to create a new video and promote that. But with that said, I've successfully re-promoted old videos to redirect some traffic to my new videos. I had an old but popular video with about 7.5k views and I was able to repromote it to a new crowd where it reached 10,000 views. This caused many of those viewers to check out my latest video which helped the new video rank higher in search.

That's actually interesting. Unfortunately for us it is unlikely we get over 200 views on 48 hours in a video, since we just have 100 subscribers and our networks outside Youtube are weak as well. So would that mean it is best to make more content and not really re-promote our old videos?

Back