High Peaks and Low Dips In Views? HELP!

MCNE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I have attached an image of my channel over the past few months. Since launching in early Feb. I got 1500-2500 views a day then one day it skyrocketed to 180k views and then went back down. It seemed like it was going to completely die out and then it jumped again 2 weeks ago, but even bigger to 450k. It went back down and now fluctuates between 45k - 70k a day. I was hoping that when it jumped up it would stay up in that area and steady out. Right now it is like a rollercoaster. Is this normal? When will it get more steady? This is so frustrating!

BTW all my traffic is 90-95% suggested video. There are no external sources.

mcne_views.jpg

NoDragonsPlz

NoDragonsPlz
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It happens. Some days more people are searching for your videos, or your videos pop up more. It can be any thing from a game getting popular, to people are just bored and searching Youtube that day. But man. I wish I had spikes like that haha. My biggest spike was 20K with a bug video.

Reactions: MCNE

Plush Time Wins

Reaction score
From looking at the graph only, it looks like you may have had a video or videos go viral. If that is not it, I would think a change in YouTubes suggested video algorithm has helped you out significantly.

MCNE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
From looking at the graph only, it looks like you may have had a video or videos go viral. If that is not it, I would think a change in YouTubes suggested video algorithm has helped you out significantly.
It is 2 videos that led the jumps and then views spread out to multiple videos. I thought that a viral video would go higher or stay at the same level. This seems to be jumping around.

Plush Time Wins

Reaction score
From our experience, we have had videos get crazy amount of views one day then go quiet for some time. Next thing you know a month has gone by and the views will shoot up again. Sometimes a video can go viral more than once.

Also, your other videos were most likely suggested to the viewers that seen the two viral videos. So naturally some of those viewers would go to some of your other videos.

Nathan Richards

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
as you said it was suggested videos so it would probably be that similar videos went viral and you were lucky enough to be the suggested video for such videos

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Have you tried making more videos of similar content? Maybe those videos will get some attention too.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What you need to do is draw a line between the first low point you started to see an increase and the point you are at now. That is your growth line. Anything that happens in between doesn't count. I have had a video add 10K views within a week. And then? It just died down. I was actually happy it did, because I did not want that video to be the most watched one on my channel. It could be re-discovered down the line, but we'll see.

Reactions: wasabiroots

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
What you need to do is draw a line between the first low point you started to see an increase and the point you are at now. That is your growth line. Anything that happens in between doesn't count.
That's a pretty good way of seeing it rather than saying the views went down. Unless of course if it went lower than the first low point. :3

MCNE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you tried making more videos of similar content? Maybe those videos will get some attention too.
I tried that and they picking up but more slowly. So we will see what happens over the long haul. :)

What you need to do is draw a line between the first low point you started to see an increase and the point you are at now. That is your growth line. Anything that happens in between doesn't count. I have had a video add 10K views within a week. And then? It just died down. I was actually happy it did, because I did not want that video to be the most watched one on my channel. It could be re-discovered down the line, but we'll see.
That is what I try to stay focused on. I have grown 3500% in the past month so I know that number is important. I'ts just I had no idea that views shoot super high for a day or two and then drop down so dramatically. It is hard to watch.

That's a pretty good way of seeing it rather than saying the views went down. Unless of course if it went lower than the first low point. :3
I was getting 1-2.5k views a day before and now its 45k-75k a day. So it is definitely higher than it used to be.