Good idea to Hide subs count?

• Yes

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

bb109

Reaction score
Is hiding your number of subs a good idea or a bad idea?

i noticed on social blade that those with hidden subs are counted as 0 subscribers so i know it hurts your social blade ranking but on the flip side. if viewers can't see how many subscribers you have. they will sometimes guess the number is higher than it actually is which can work in your favor.

ocslushie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I usually don't subscribe to channels with a hidden sub count. Usually channels with hidden sub counts hide them because they are either losing subs or a dead channel and they do not want people to see that. It's likely other people think as I do and assume that their channel is doing poorly. So in my opinion, I would not hide my sub count.

Reactions: bb109

Ewan Wilson

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hiding your subscribers isn't a good move to do. Show the people that enjoy your channel and your content and let that grow!

HaileySimone

✈ IN THE AIR ✈
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer
I say people shouldn't hide it. # of subscribers won't deter me from subscribing, as long as they have good content. Plus I'm always curious to know people's sub counts

Reactions: Ewan Wilson

Brandon Nankivell

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Don't hide it. Transparency is revered. If you do hide it, people know that you don't have many subscribers anyway. And that's okay.

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
When I see a channel hiding their sub count I think "They must have fewer subscribers than they want and they're ashamed of it" :confused: