Help wanted! Opinions & Ideas to increase my channels success!

Arcanum

Arcanum Luminarium
I have a youtube channel dedicated to entertaining people while being informational. Primarily in areas that are obscure, or unusual. Seems like I don't get much exposure outside of views from my friends on facebook. If anyone has ideas to help gain viewership outside of that, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Arcanum

There are quite a few guides around these forums that could help you. The most important thing is to create a lot of ways for people to find your channel. Post on social media. Comment on other small Youtubers' videos (meaningful comments about their video, not spam). Submit links to Reddit. Join forums related to what your channel is about and put a link to your channel in your signature. Post on YTtalk - if people see you posting and like what you say then they'll probably want to have a look at your videos.

Thanks! I have an Arcanum Twitter, FB, Google+, and FB Page. All are posted on everytime a video is uploaded, which is around 4 times a week. I can't quite figure out reddit, have an account, but that one is confusing to me for some reason. I guess I could start commenting on other people's videos, I guess I always shyed away from doing that unless I really had a strong opinion in regards to the content.

Thanks! I have an Arcanum Twitter, FB, Google+, and FB Page. All are posted on everytime a video is uploaded, which is around 4 times a week. I can't quite figure out reddit, have an account, but that one is confusing to me for some reason. I guess I could start commenting on other people's videos, I guess I always shyed away from doing that unless I really had a strong opinion in regards to the content.
Unless you're an active member on Reddit, it's a minefield. Seriously, you need to become a member of the community or they will rip you to shreds for spamming. I've posted quite a few videos to Reddit, and they've garnered a decent amount of attention (a Don't Starve gameplay in r/dontstarve, a "curly hair tips" video in r/curlyhair, etc.)

There is a subreddit called r/NewTubers which is just for posting videos, but Reddit has a very good/albeit slightly irritating spam filter, so if you post too many links in a short space of time you'll be blocked from posting for upwards of 10 minutes. There are also multiple Tumblr blogs where you can submit your videos and they'll post them for you, I found them just by Googling "new youtubers" but here are some links to the ones that I use :)

iVlog is also a good place to post videos :)

Good luck!

Thank you so much. Those links are greatly appreciated and will give them a try. I am finding I like this forum very much, real ideas in a reasonable amount of time.

Your videos and the whole idea of your channel is pretty awesome and unique, one thing I can think of is maybe the reason you aren't getting as many views is because people aren't searching for the stuff your posting about(which I'm sure people are, but maybe not as many people as you need will find your videos) what I would do is take a list of video ideas and put terms for them in google trends. For example, right now "Deep Web" is a really, really frequently searched term, while "Bat'leth" has gotten a really low amount of people searching for it in the past decade. Also, one thing that may help might be posting comments(not necessarily self advertising, unless you want to do that) on other people's channels who post somewhat similar content, and interacting with people on social media and forums in general would definitely draw more attention to your channel, and might get you more views. Hope that helped!

This is the most random tip you will receive in this thread.
Post videos about the sasquatch.
Yeah, like bigfoot. Hear me out...
I looked at your channel and I see that you're posting about UFOs and stuff like that, so it would fit your theme.
But why?
Well, when I first started my channel, my cousin and I would talk about random news stories over a webcam and post the recordings.
One time just for fun, we covered a clearly fake story about bigfoot.
Just for reference, our first videos were lucky to get over 10 views.
This one got a few hundred overnight. It still gets views today, even though it has atrocious audience retention.
So people were/are searching for that kind of stuff in massive quantities.

Maybe it's your path to striking gold. Give it a shot.

If you want to see the video in question and copy tags or something, it's buried deep in my channel from like 7 months ago and is called "Sasquatch Attacks Hunter In Woods".
And just for reference, no one can accuse me of self promotion for mentioning that. That video is horrificly embarrasing quality wise. I should honeslty make it private or unlist it or something...

Great ideas, definitely going to look at the google trends.

I have considered doing some random goofy videos just to pull people to channel. Perhaps the bigfoot idea is something I should consider. Funny video btw. Thanks.

Any other ideas people have I appreciate hearing them. Always looking for new ideas.

Back