Help setting up so we can hear game audio through a headset while recording.

Golden Couch Gaming

Reaction score
We have an xbox one we mainly play on. And we have been struggling for a long time now. Our typical recording method is crowding on the couch with the elgato running from the laptop to the xbox and tv and so on. As well as having our blue yeti mic plugged in. Typically we use the commentary feature to talk as we play. But if we dont mute our tv the mic will pick up the game audio. We are trying to find a way to set it up to where all 3 or atleast one of us can use a headset to listen to the game audio while we record our gameplays. If anyone could help us that would be great. The more detailed the better.

gregbowes

Happy Halloween!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are you playing at the same time or just one controller? You can use headset plugged into the 3.5mm audio jack on your controller.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I recommend you getting gaming headsets, in my case right now I have two headsets while I record. One is connected to the tv directly since it has a headphone jack and the other is on the xbox that is the Turtle Beach x32 which is wireless and i can hear the audio coming from the game while recording it at the same time! And with the turtle beach or other headsets you can connect more than one to the consoles

Golden Couch Gaming

Reaction score
Are you playing at the same time or just one controller? You can use headset plugged into the 3.5mm audio jack on your controller.
It varies, sometimes there are multiple playing sometimes just one.[DOUBLEPOST=1478128449,1478128386][/DOUBLEPOST]
I recommend you getting gaming headsets, in my case right now I have two headsets while I record. One is connected to the tv directly since it has a headphone jack and the other is on the xbox that is the Turtle Beach x32 which is wireless and i can hear the audio coming from the game while recording it at the same time! And with the turtle beach or other headsets you can connect more than one to the consoles
I was kinda hoping there was a way to just use ear buds or something so i wouldnt have to spend any money but ah oh well. Thanks for the advice!

Miss Medi

Retro Games and Things!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Haha, I can't really help I'm afraid! Have to have two headsets running into my PC and a laptop - seriously it's a hot mess :D Hope you figure out a solution!, perhaps a PA with two inputs is the key?