Help: Likely Spam?

VikkiinFlaw

Reaction score
Hi All,

Do any of you guys know how the "likely spam" tab in the comments section is generated?
I had a few comments in there and I don't think any of them were spam, being that i checked out the channels and they all seem like cool people just trying to grow their channel. I ask because I don't want my comments being routed to the spam section.

Any info on this would be super helpful!

Thanks guys!!

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's sorted fully automatically by evaluating similar messages.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It could also mean that the person has been writing a lot of similar comments in a very short amount of time on lots of different videos. So even if the content of the comment is ok, the frequency is spammy.

What was the comment? I'm guessing it was quite generic.

Reactions: XXLRay

VikkiinFlaw

Reaction score
It could also mean that the person has been writing a lot of similar comments in a very short amount of time on lots of different videos. So even if the content of the comment is ok, the frequency is spammy.

What was the comment? I'm guessing it was quite generic.
Yeah, one was "awesome vid", and a couple others commented on something specific that happened in my video but then promoted their channel. Damn that sucks, you think people are watching your content and they're actually like I don't give a s**t. LOL

Reactions: Crown

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Honestly that filter helps me out a tonne. It's blocked many a comment that was either spam, or simply not relevant to the video.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it does help. but occasionally its annoying, i have a sub whose clearly active on lots of channels. but he never spams, doesn't advertise, he doesn't even have a channel. really friendly guy that offers lots of support and encouragement. every single comment he posts on my channel gets spam flagged lol

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
it does help. but occasionally its annoying, i have a sub whose clearly active on lots of channels. but he never spams, doesn't advertise, he doesn't even have a channel. really friendly guy that offers lots of support and encouragement. every single comment he posts on my channel gets spam flagged lol
This is why I check it occasionally. Gotta make sure the active subs aren't being punished.

Munesh Ramnarine

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
most of the times it helps, i see a lot of comments pile up there that say "check out my ..." etc, trying to advertise something or their video/channel. Other times they're just irrelevant comments - something you'd actually see in your email spam section lol.

When commenting on others videos, just comment something nice or give feedback, ask or answer a question. Something that is relevant to the video - most likely people will click on your icon or even reply back, getting you more noticed. :) Besides, it's just being respectful about others content.

Stanky Dan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Generally the "check out my channel" comments are auto filtered into spam. Mostly because it's spam to most people.