Help! How can I get my videos to upload faster?

Brittneytaylorwg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello, I really need help... My dad was mad at me for uploading to YouTube because it was ruining our wifi for his game all night and he almost closed it out he told me so I really need help on how to get them to upload within a few hours or something during the day when he is not home, thanks so much I really need help.

Reactions: Mastertv

Mastertv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hi there Brittney. You should downgrade your video quality or size or either get a stronger internet connection by using an Ethernet cable. Cheers (-;

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
As everyone has already said I would suggest trying to compress the files, I'm sure you'd be able to find a video compressor download somewhere on the internet, or just export in a lower quality (which would be annoying, but for the time being it might just do!) An Ethernet cable is a good idea, I use one to help my videos upload faster
also try not to use the internet for anything else while uploading, like streaming video or playing games online
Also if you're exporting directly from your editing software, I would suggest exporting it to your actual computer before uploading it to YouTube, I used to upload directly to YouTube and it would slow my internet down for hourssss

Reactions: Brittneytaylorwg

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

Yeah, try to play around with file formats and size to get the file as small as possible without compromising quality.

TripleThreat

Reaction score
Another thing you can look at doing is make sure you cut out all the unnecessary clips in your videos making the video a little shorter helping the upload time go faster. It won't help that much but it's something.

CDeltaT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Another thing to consider doing is limiting your upload speed. I personally use a program called netbalancer to limit the speed that google chrome uses. The free option allows you to limit 3 programs at a time so that should be enough.