HELP!! Custom URL?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Okay, So,
Google+ has told me I can create a custom URL, and I can choose it.. For SOME REASON I can't just have AmberAndGolden I have to add some letters on the end of it..
So I tried YouTube adn YT, neither of them are 'avalable' apparently (even though I can't find anyone else with this URL)
So I just accepted my fate, and typed in an S so it's AmberAndGoldens
But when I click accept, it says it will change my YouTube URL as well.. I want just AmberAndGolden as my URL not something that isn't even my name?!
I think the reason I can't have AmberAndGolden is because >I< have already taken it, so its not 'avalable'??
because if I type in Youtube.com/amberandgolden it comes up with my channel?

Help! :'c What else can I put on the end of my URL, but keep it sounding nice? (eg, not Official, I don't like that;p)
or how can I just have my actual user name?

thanks for any help:c

Brinkbabe91

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've seen some people do like xX Xx around their names and that looks cool I think. Like my name is Brinkbabe91 but if it was taken some people do like xXBrinkbabe91Xx

LyfeWithDragons

Mother of Dragons...Wait...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've seen some people do like xX Xx around their names and that looks cool I think. Like my name is Brinkbabe91 but if it was taken some people do like xXBrinkbabe91Xx
X's on either side of the name is synonymous with being very emo, and used as a way of recognizing a person as such. I'd go against putting x's on either side of your name, or using numbers.

Brinkbabe91

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
X's on either side of the name is synonymous with being very emo, and used as a way of recognizing a person as such. I'd go against putting x's on either side of your name, or using numbers.
O lol I didn't know it was an emo thing.

Reactions: Katt Strike

LyfeWithDragons

Mother of Dragons...Wait...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
O lol I didn't know it was an emo thing.
Back in the mid-late 90's, it became somewhat of a calling card for emo hackers, and then the latter part simply fell off. It then started to be utilized by emo's, and straight edge people. :D

WilliamRayWalters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Google+ has told me I can create a custom URL, and I can choose it.. For SOME REASON I can't just have AmberAndGolden I have to add some letters on the end of it..
Don't accept that new name!!! I think I figured it out. Just make sure your website url is linked properly to your G+ page and then wait a week or so. That's what I did and suddenly they offered me the actual name of my website URL for my G+ Url (and therefore, my YT url). This was on a fairly new channel of mine that I just checked after reading your post. When I first signed up they offered me my website URL but I had to add characters. Today, after a week or so, I checked and it had both options...my actual URL name and if I wanted to add characters.

Whatever you do, don't just give in and choose the new name because you will never get your YT url back.

Last edited:

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Don't accept that new name!!! I think I figured it out. Just make sure your website url is linked properly to your G+ page and then wait a week or so. That's what I did and suddenly they offered me the actual name of my website URL for my G+ Url (and therefore, my YT url). This was on a fairly new channel of mine that I just checked after reading your post. When I first signed up they offered me my website URL but I had to add characters. Today, after a week or so, I checked and it had both options...my actual URL name and if I wanted to add characters.

Whatever you do, don't just give in and choose the new name because you will never get your YT url back.
Well too late for that now!;p
It doesn't matter too much anyway, When I type in Youtube.com/AmberAndGolden it still comes up with my channel so, and when I go to my channel it still comes up with a bunch of letters and numbers

I'm pretty sure my account was connected properly though!
oh well, no biggie..[DOUBLEPOST=1436799156,1436799103][/DOUBLEPOST]I went with IsMe haha, which seems kind of emo still BUT it's better than official!! :D

WilliamRayWalters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Even if your website is linked properly Google plus still makes you wait a couple weeks before they offer you your proper name (the same one as your website url). It's okay... As long as your Youtube url is still the same. No one really cares about Google plus anyway.

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey hey,

I need help from you guys!

Yesterday I was still able to claim my custom URL, but I had to add a few characters. Apparently it's very hard to work around that. But I sent a mail to Google Plus Feedback, because there's a small chance they actually respond to that. This was a few days ago, but I have not heard from them since.

Today I log in and my option for a custom URL is gone. My channel still has a crappy URL and I'm very worried that somebody is going to steal/copy my URL. I know that this is probably not smart to put out on the internet then, but not even I was able to claim the URL that I wanted.

I think it´s also weird that I have two accounts, one business and one private. The private one has noYouTube channel on it, just a Google Plus page. The business one is the one I have been using for my YouTube channel. I simply chose that because I thought I had to. You know, because of the name (I did not want to put my real name in there, and Project Jamesify would be weird as a name as it is ProjectJamesify).

So what do I do now? Should I change something in the way that my YouTube channel works or the way that I sign in? Should I connect the private and business account or something? It does say that I am the owner of ProjectJamesify with my private Project Jamesify account.

And why did the custom URL suddenly disappear? Should I be worried about that? Or should I just wait patiently for 500 subscribers and then claim it?

Thank you guys!