Having trouble doing No Man's Sky Let's Play!!! Help!!!

BeautifulRed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, ok... Umm, I just got No Man's Sky a few days ago, and I've been running OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) for a while. But EVERY SINGLE TIME I open up the game, it only records the audio.

I've tried Nvidia Shadowplay, which records nothing at all, Plays.tv, which records nothing at all, and OBS, which- right now- is just BS... I can't get anything to capture this game, and it's making me really angry.

I've played a bunch of other games, just fine. It only seems to have this problem playing No Man's Sky and Sims 4.

I really don't know what else to do. I have tested this so many times, it makes me sick. I have been so excited to do a Let's Play of this game for actual MONTHS, and I can't seem to get it to work.

Captures audio just fine. A-Ok, perfecto! But just no video...

I'm not above testing out every single screen capture software on the market to get this to work. I've been trying to figure it out for about 6 hours straight, and still no luck. And no, I am not stooping to the low level of using a camera to record the screen. Not when there's a way to capture the screen itself.

HELP????

Jtpetch

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't have it to test myself, but I'm gonna bet it's not just a problem with the game (Since other folks have recorded it)
What settings do you have for the OBS capture? (For a source)
Game? Or desktop? Try desktop recording.

terror569

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Or Windows recording and play the game at 1280x720 in Windows mode

BeautifulRed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't have it to test myself, but I'm gonna bet it's not just a problem with the game (Since other folks have recorded it)
What settings do you have for the OBS capture? (For a source)
Game? Or desktop? Try desktop recording.
I am working with a desktop. I got it figured out, actually. It will only capture if the game is windowed, not fullscreen. I'm OK with that, since it lets me keep an eye on the recording process too. I've got three cores dedicated to the game, and one to OBS, which is working out pretty well.

Thanks for help, though! :)