got a copyright strike :(

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Monetization is the biggest factor, which is why I didn't bother partnering with any of the offers I've received. I use some anime music in my cosplay videos too and by not monetizing I've been able to get away with it.
Monetization plays no role in the copyright holder filing a DMCA complaint nor can they tell if you're with a network.

Turwinkle

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Sorry that happened. Perhaps take the next six months to work really hard on your content and use this time to get better at the stuff you are doing. Hopefully you learned a lesson in this and will not upload any more copyrighted content in the future.

unknown_user908435903

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Wait for 6 months. :p

Nothing else you can do, to avoid that happening again; Don't upload copyrighted things!

Coda

Content Producer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I get copy right notices, i just acknowledge them and move on, i haven't lost any privileges from them..yet lol. I don't monotize many of my videos because honestly who the hell cares about my channel enough to sit through an ad.

TDKPyrostasis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Monetization is the biggest factor, which is why I didn't bother partnering with any of the offers I've received. I use some anime music in my cosplay videos too and by not monetizing I've been able to get away with it.
Just an FYI not monetizing it wont necisarily save you, it depends on the policy of the holder. Even unmonetized content can get you a strike if they company wishes.

Moral of the story, if you dont own it, dont upload it. Its really that simply.