Google keyword planner

sequan123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys I wanted to ask what to look for in google keyword planner when makeing youtube videos

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's meant to be a tool where you can search for things to find out its popularity. Using the "Search for new keywords using a phrase, website and category." In the "Your product or service" textbox is where you will be doing all your searches.

Let's say I've been playing and recording a lot of footage of "Megaman 2". Let's search and see how popular it is... about 6k a month. Not terrible, but not great if I want subs. Let's try "Overwatch" 2.2 million... still not that great. Maybe let's try... "Pokemon"... 7.4 MILLION! Yes, make a video about that.

Sarin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's meant to be a tool where you can search for things to find out its popularity. Using the "Search for new keywords using a phrase, website and category." In the "Your product or service" textbox is where you will be doing all your searches.

Let's say I've been playing and recording a lot of footage of "Megaman 2". Let's search and see how popular it is... about 6k a month. Not terrible, but not great if I want subs. Let's try "Overwatch" 2.2 million... still not that great. Maybe let's try... "Pokemon"... 7.4 MILLION! Yes, make a video about that.
Do you have to have an account to use adword? I tried to get one but the process was so complicated I gave up :/

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
@Sarin I do have an account, but you don't need to be paying for active ads. If you need to pay for an ad to get in, you can cancel it immediately.

Reactions: Sarin