Good editing software for gaming??

Jorpheus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys, i recently started creating youtube videos using the elgato but the editing software doesnt do much. I'd like to know if there's a cheap software that is better for gaming channels?

Reactions: FraYoshi

FraYoshi

GNU lover ^^
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Designer, Animator
I'm involved in GNU software, so will suggest you the GNU software I love, It's name is Blender.. and during last years has been added support for video editing!
I use It and very proud of It :)
With the 2.77 version (not came out yet, many new cool features are coming out!)

Keep a look to the Mikeycal Meyers' tutorial playlist! search for Blender Video Editing (2.7X series [Current Series]) ^_^

DJBenz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Blender, as recommended above
Shotcut
Lightworks
Da Vinci Resolve

All free, and should have enough functionality for your needs.

Reactions: FraYoshi

MrVortexGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Many people will recommend things like Fraps, Bandicam, Powerdirector, Camtasia, or DXTory.. Don't go for any of those. Check out Open Broadcasting Software, it's extremely customisable, with very good quality, and there's tutorials all over YouTube for guides like 720p recording settings, and 1080p recording settings. By far the best way of capturing your gaming experiences and uploading them to youtube. The file sizes are very small for the quality output also, so that's another plus! Hope this helped!

SpodaElite

Reaction score
The software I use for my gaming videos is lightworks, i get little to no problems out of the software when i edit. It works great!

Reactions: Jorpheus

MapleStream

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sony Vegas is a really good editing software to use

Jorpheus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally use powerdirector 14
I just got Lightworks so I'll see how that works out! Thanks very much![DOUBLEPOST=1456523031,1456522985][/DOUBLEPOST]
The software I use for my gaming videos is lightworks, i get little to no problems out of the software when i edit. It works great!
I ended up getting it! Might take some time to get use to haha thanks!