Get an offer from BroadbandTV

KidCom

Quite surprising since my channel is still small with less than 1000 subscribers.
This morning I received an email from a guy in BroadbandTV asking about my goal for my channel and saying that he would like to help me reach a larger audience.
How is your experience with BroadbandTV if you have any ? Any advice since this is the first time I join a network, if I decide to partner with them of course ?
A little bit of background: Tyrone Magnus partners with BroadbandTV (if you do not know him, he does reaction videos and other stuffs, and he is the biggest "reactor" out there). I also do review and reaction videos - but I want to diversify the content on my channel in the future as well.

Ask him if the "help you reach a larger audience" is written into the contract. When he says no, tell him you're not interested in BBTV recruiters leeching off of small channels while promising the world out of contract.

Partnership's hard ever, if ever "help you reach a larger audience". They help you get better adverts, sometimes free royalty free music and other perks.. but hardly ever do they advertise your channel and help you get more views.

They're normally just trying to get you into a crap 2 year contract so they can leech money off your adverts.

Seems like you guys are not really a fan of partnership lol

Well I replied him asking how he will help me to reach a larger audience, and basically he listed out several things like: Catalyst technology that is designed to bring more viewers and subscribers, free access to the Epidemic sound library and the Epoxy social media management system, less video claims, audience development services (YouTube's best practices and strategies) to help create and refine YouTube strategy, design services for channel's home page

Not sure how this will indeed work, but from what you guys said above, it looks like they will not haha

Seems like you guys are not really a fan of partnership lol

Well I replied him asking how he will help me to reach a larger audience, and basically he listed out several things like: Catalyst technology that is designed to bring more viewers and subscribers, free access to the Epidemic sound library and the Epoxy social media management system, less video claims, audience development services (YouTube's best practices and strategies) to help create and refine YouTube strategy, design services for channel's home page

Not sure how this will indeed work, but from what you guys said above, it looks like they will not haha

I'm a fan of partnerships actually. I think there is a superior element of protection by keeping your own AdSense out of the mix, and by avoiding the AdSense review.

What I don't like are companies that lie to their people. Making the "we'll help you reach a larger audience" sales pitch and then turning around and just regurgitating the features which mean the channel still has to do it themselves is disingenuous. BBTV is a shady greasy company to avoid at all costs. Same as Freedom.

The best advice I can give is to find a no-lock term arrangement with a high revenue share. You're too small to get a custom contract, so you need high rev and easy to leave terms. Because if your growth spikes, the last thing you want is another year before you can start to get better offers. Curse for gaming does month to month 90/10. I think Creative Nation does as well. And at this point, just about everyone offers music libraries.

Back