Gaming Channel Equipment

Blckrose2020

Reaction score
What are the beat equipment for gaming channels? I mostly play on the PS4 but I am looking for a decent mic that I can use on my controller and then switch over to my laptop for Pc games. Also looking for a camera, best audio recorder and video editor on PC. Also is there something to make my voice sound a little different? I am just starting out. I don’t want to spend to much just in case it isn’t for me.

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I can't say I am huge expert when it comes to PC games recording. However, I would for PS4 a Elgato Game Capture is the best way to go. They are super easy to use, set up and record with. Mic wise, at the moment of setting up my own channel I got a blue yeti with is brilliant, would say though with that and the blue snowball get a pop filter makes the audio great. Audacity is a good audio editor and it's free.

For video editing I use Sony movie studio 13, but there are a number of more update to ones like Cyberlink powerdirector, Adobe Premier etc just to name a few. Hope that helped :)

Blckrose2020

Reaction score
I can't say I am huge expert when it comes to PC games recording. However, I would for PS4 a Elgato Game Capture is the best way to go. They are super easy to use, set up and record with. Mic wise, at the moment of setting up my own channel I got a blue yeti with is brilliant, would say though with that and the blue snowball get a pop filter makes the audio great. Audacity is a good audio editor and it's free.

For video editing I use Sony movie studio 13, but there are a number of more update to ones like Cyberlink powerdirector, Adobe Premier etc just to name a few. Hope that helped :)
For now with being so small. Is the capture card necessary? Can’t I just use the share buttons :)? I was looking at the blue snowball one it seems pretty good with the reviews. I will also look into a pop filter :)! I have Adobe on my computer now and use that. I am looking at doing live commentary. Is there a way I can separate the audio files? Thank you for the information.

Reactions: FireShock

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
If you want to make great videos it is best to use a game capture :) Share button might work but i dunno in my opinion a game capture is better , blue snowball is a good beginners mic ^_^ Pop filter is honestly a must have!!! to separate audio files I recommend using Audacity :) is easy to use and you can always sync your videos by in the game menu counting, 1 2 3 while moving up and down or side to side while counting

Blckrose2020

Reaction score
If you want to make great videos it is best to use a game capture :) Share button might work but i dunno in my opinion a game capture is better , blue snowball is a good beginners mic ^_^ Pop filter is honestly a must have!!! to separate audio files I recommend using Audacity :) is easy to use and you can always sync your videos by in the game menu counting, 1 2 3 while moving up and down or side to side while counting
Alright I will look into getting a capture card :). Does Blue Snowball work for the PS4?