Frustration

I know the feelings. Life gets in the way sometimes :/ the only thing I can suggest is just to not let it diminish you and just keep at it :) I've had a couple of quiet periods on my channel where I've just been so busy with other things that need my attention that I've even lost a few subs because of it :( but I've come to realise that the people who really care about your content will stick around :)

Frustration happens for various reasons, but yours is not because the lack of subscribers and/or views. Yours is because life hasn't quite unfolded the way you wanted to for the past few weeks. There is nothing you could have done to improve the situation without ******* off your wife. So I think you made the right choice!

My experience of this has only just happened.

With a move to a new house the down time of my computer was longer than expected. Also didnt factor in Id have no room while boxes were stacked everywhere. Even after I hooked the PC back up there is still a mess around it that I have to wade through.

It has been several weeks without filming, I even got desperate and re uploaded an old video from a previous channel to break up the consecutive weeks of not filming.

I was unprepared for how easy it is to go off track when you stop for a while.

I have a few ideas that I need to just sit down and work on - get back into the old routine.

Ugh I went through one of those frustrating phases recently, too - I got new equipment, and was all ready to set it up so took a break from recording until I got it set up. Still haven't found the time to set up my new rig, and instead of just sitting around not posting content I just decided to post...something. I mean, content in a format I have been doing for a while when I want to switch it up isn't any different to my viewers, right? It's just irritating to me more than to any of my subscribers. I'd say try to post some type of content, no matter how small, and work through your frustrating issues a little at a time so it doesn't feel like your channel is stagnating.

That stinks man it is really difficult to get traction again after a hiatus when your just starting out as well. The one thing I can say is once you get up and running again try prerecording 2 to 3 weeks of content so you have a buffer when everything goes wrong. Since you are a gaming channel, like myself, your content is not as time sensitive as someone who does commentary on current or trending events.

Before I started uploading videos we recorded about 40 episodes the month before launch. Now I have a backlog of about a month in case something happens that causes us to fall behind. They are all edited, uploaded and scheduled to go live on YouTube so if I can't get on my content will still be going live at 4pm est every day for about a month before they run out.

That is exactly what I have decided to do now as well. I will record more during the week so I have more material to work with and create multiple episode ready to go.

I know the feelings. Life gets in the way sometimes :/ the only thing I can suggest is just to not let it diminish you and just keep at it :) I've had a couple of quiet periods on my channel where I've just been so busy with other things that need my attention that I've even lost a few subs because of it :( but I've come to realise that the people who really care about your content will stick around :)

Luckily I have not lost any subs, in actual fact I gained two... go figure.. :D But yes life always finds a way to change ones priorities a bit sometimes.

Frustration happens for various reasons, but yours is not because the lack of subscribers and/or views. Yours is because life hasn't quite unfolded the way you wanted to for the past few weeks. There is nothing you could have done to improve the situation without ******* off your wife. So I think you made the right choice!

Yeah happy wife... happy life..sort off. :D

Atleast now the work issues seem to have been resolved and my connection at home is working as it should. Was already able to capture some nice footage which is currently being edited. So if all goes well, my upload deadline of this weekend will not be missed. :D Happy days again.

All the computer luck...that's my luck, are you sure you didnt catch it? lol. I've had to start one game challenge 3 times for stupid computer reasons at the most bizzare times.lol.

Hang in there, buddy. I understand this and it has happened to me before. I usually don't have a lot of free time to record anymore, and when I get the rare occasion, something doesn't work (mic, game would look horrible, etc.) Best of lucks and I hope you get back on track soon. ^^

things like this you just gotta laugh about. I would make a video after all this explaining what happened in a funny way :p make content out of it!

This will be hard for you mate, with a permanent job and producing content every day. If you really want to pursue Youtube as a career, you might talk to your wife about it. It is a huge risk you would take, but you would have time to produce content and market the s**t out of it with all the spare time you have. But as I tell everyone who wants to become independent, talk to your partner, you bank manager and who ever is involved into your life, before you make the decision to quit your job and cut off a stream of revenue for a while to start another business. If you also mean it serious with YouTube, aks your wife for help, maybe she can do certain things while you record.

Back