Frustration

GhostRSA

Liking YTtalk
Hey Everyone,

Now I know I am not the only person that has had an period like what I'm going to describe. Some more some less, but I like to hear from you guys on what it was and how you handled it?

So for the past 2 weeks or so have been insanely frustrating to me.

It started when I took a days leave from work where I decided that I will build a cubicle around my PC to lessen some of the external noises. I had everything planned. bought, ready to build etc. However when the day came my wife had other plans and I spent the day doing alot of stuff other than building the cubicle. This meant that my plans moved up with a day. The next day I finished the build and was very happy with my setup. Come the evening when I wanted to test my new sound setup, the game I normally record did not want to connect to any of the servers so no recording or even just playing the game. This issue dragged on for the next 4 or so days with me trying everything short of formatting my PC. Eventually I noticed some strange numbers on my Wifi DSL Modem usage. Someone hacked my wireless network and were downloading on my connection. So I had to change my Wifi and security etc. Another day gone thanks to that. Then work happened. Calls at crazy times of the night and eventually resulting in me sitting at the office from 8:30 - 19:15 on a Saturday. During this time my Mic on my headset started giving issues and my game recordings was hampered by it.

So basically my channel has received no new content for the past two weeks and will probably only have an update end of this week.... if all goes well.....

Just had to share.

Hey Everyone,

Now I know I am not the only person that has had an period like what I'm going to describe. Some more some less, but I like to hear from you guys on what it was and how you handled it?

So for the past 2 weeks or so have been insanely frustrating to me.

It started when I took a days leave from work where I decided that I will build a cubicle around my PC to lessen some of the external noises. I had everything planned. bought, ready to build etc. However when the day came my wife had other plans and I spent the day doing alot of stuff other than building the cubicle. This meant that my plans moved up with a day. The next day I finished the build and was very happy with my setup. Come the evening when I wanted to test my new sound setup, the game I normally record did not want to connect to any of the servers so no recording or even just playing the game. This issue dragged on for the next 4 or so days with me trying everything short of formatting my PC. Eventually I noticed some strange numbers on my Wifi DSL Modem usage. Someone hacked my wireless network and were downloading on my connection. So I had to change my Wifi and security etc. Another day gone thanks to that. Then work happened. Calls at crazy times of the night and eventually resulting in me sitting at the office from 8:30 - 19:15 on a Saturday. During this time my Mic on my headset started giving issues and my game recordings was hampered by it.

So basically my channel has received no new content for the past two weeks and will probably only have an update end of this week.... if all goes well.....

Just had to share.

I feel you. I had a rough January this year. Everything went wrong, everything was breaking all around me and it felt like everything/everyone needed extra attention. Managed to only put out 2 videos that month with bad quality audio as well.

But once you fixed them and settle them all, you should be back on track~ Fight on and good luck~ :)

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. It sounds really freaking frustrating. But as long as you persevere, i'm sure everything will be alright. (I sound like my Mum, ugh)

Look as I'm typing this now I am beyond tired. The work thing took up about 80% of my entire weekend, nights included. Hopefully that part is now done and not to be worried about any more. So starting from this evening I'm going to put some serious effert back into my recordings and editing to get some suitable out by the weekend.

It really stinks when things start to go wrong and the wrong things just pile up and up like that. Hopefully, everything turns around and it's smooth sailing for a good long while!

That stinks man it is really difficult to get traction again after a hiatus when your just starting out as well. The one thing I can say is once you get up and running again try prerecording 2 to 3 weeks of content so you have a buffer when everything goes wrong. Since you are a gaming channel, like myself, your content is not as time sensitive as someone who does commentary on current or trending events.

Before I started uploading videos we recorded about 40 episodes the month before launch. Now I have a backlog of about a month in case something happens that causes us to fall behind. They are all edited, uploaded and scheduled to go live on YouTube so if I can't get on my content will still be going live at 4pm est every day for about a month before they run out.

Back