Finding Music

LifeAsJenny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would love to use music for my videos. I know it has to be royalty free music. I've seen people use Soundcloud for their videos. Am i suppose to contact the person on Soundcloud and ask permission if i could use their music. Tell that person i would go ahead and link all their social media in the description?

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Works on an artist by artist basis. You need permission from all the rights owners so for example if you asked me and I said yes with my terms then you can go ahead. Whereas if you asked someone who had a label or a publisher you'd need the rights from them as well since they also own the rights. If you wanna use Soundcloud, go for independent artists so that you can avoid labels and publishers :)

Lrulesok

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just use ncs music.

LifeAsJenny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@scottfaulknor Do you ask for permission or just use the music?

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
@scottfaulknor Do you ask for permission or just use the music?
when you search for music, on the left hand side should be tabs. click on tracks, then Listen to. click to expand the listen to. Hit to use commerically and it brings up music you can use. If you see the ones that say buy don't use those. I have found one or to that said you can use then, when I go to monetize it on youtube, theres a copy right on it. I just delete the video and find a new song. So far its worked pretty good.

Reactions: LifeAsJenny

RyanH

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
The YouTube audio library and Kevin MacLeod's Incompetech are great sources for creative commons music.