Feeling stuck with my promotion game

JanWar

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello there!

My niche is war related stuff. So I have been reading articles/watching videos/reading other threads about promotion of a youtube channel. I have been on reddit for very long so I know how to use that website to promote my channel(90% of my views come from there). I have found some forums related to my niche, which I use to promote too.

Now the thing is that I just can't find a way to start promoting on social media's like facebook or twitter. With reddit you don't need fans or followers. Which I just dont know how to start getting.
Do any of you have a good strategy for starting up with facebook or twitter?:help:

Jawequo

Reaction score
I will leave a post here to get notified when someone answers. I wonder the same.. I guess you can post your videos in related groups on fb or something like this or buy some ads there.. but are the facebook ads worth it?

worldofsonji

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've found facebook groups to so far be the best to promote in. I've just searched for groups posting about related content and being active in those groups/watching other peoples videos etc.

It's a slow but steady process!

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I will leave a post here to get notified when someone answers. I wonder the same.. I guess you can post your videos in related groups on fb or something like this or buy some ads there.. but are the facebook ads worth it?
I don't think investing money for facebook ads would be helpful.
I think they're annoying as f*ck lol, I mean, facebook is basically an advertising site that lets you share stuff with your friends. I find it annoying because every time I visit the site, I'm constantly being bombarded with ads shoved in my face, and once in a while I even get a survey for specific brands/companies/ products, when I didn't even ask for it.

Though sharing videos to related facebook groups is a good way to get some exposure to new potential subscribers, and exchange ideas/feedback through the comments.
It's a nice place to make a good impression on people, so they enjoy your 'online company'/videos. z

As for twitter, I found the easiest way to gain exposure is though hashtags, try not to use the same ones too often, mix it up a little. There are also a few twitter accounts that retweet new youtubers, which can help expose your content even more. (Though you usually have to follow them first to get retweeted) and since they retweet a lot, your twitter feed would be 99.9% retweets, so this might not be the best option, unless you follow them for like a day so you get retweeted, then unfollow the rest of the week, and repeat the next week, etc.

That's basically the extent of my facebook/ youtube video promotion knowledge, I hope it helps you!

Chandler

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I found Facebook groups can help. I use Google+ too, but it seems to be dying a slow death. I haven't had as much luck with twitter, but I've found when I do a review of something if I @ the company they will usually retweet me, which helps. Minds.com is also good, but the number of users is still small.