fastest and Easiest way to make Thumbnails

After some search, I found that having thumbnails for your video is quite important to get more views. I wonder if there is a quick and easy way to make thumbnails. I own a game first look youtube channel. Do I do thumbnail for each video? what are your suggestions?

btw, method better be free

I was using canva.com initially. It's free.

I'd make sure you're consistent with your style and colors, so people recognize it's your channel easily.

If you're using photos, they're supposed to stand out more if you increase the saturation and sharpness 20 to 30%

Use canva. Canva is free and easy to use. I use to use paint until someone from here told me about canva and made making thumbnails 10x easier. Theres a lot of youtube vids that can walk you through if you get stuck. Just remember youtube thumbnail sizes are 1280 x 720. Then let your imagination go wild

Rather than just rushing a crap thumbnail, actually put some time into your work. Same goes for videos.
i agree on this! :) you want to put a lot of effort into videos and thumbnails because you don't want awesome quality videos with a terrible thumbnail, i used to use panzoid which was 'quick' at thumbnails, but then i moved onto using photoshop which takes me roughly 45 mins to 1 hr at creating each thumbnail for my videos, it is really fun to do and its good to see what you have created :D

After some search, I found that having thumbnails for your video is quite important to get more views. I wonder if there is a quick and easy way to make thumbnails. I own a game first look youtube channel. Do I do thumbnail for each video? what are your suggestions?

btw, method better be free
Hi Hoobagames!
I know some people are saying use Canva.com which is really great to be honest, but if you already are or have the time to get good at photo editing, its well worth it to try photo editing software. there's a website called pixlr.com that has all of the features of Photoshop and is browser based, I have used it for ages before i got the real Photoshop. if you get good at it, you can create some real good thumbnails quickly. but if you don't have the time for photo editing then of course i highly recommend Canva.com.
hope this helps!

-Cloud

I use Tubebuddy thumbnail tool. I think it has the basics for making a create thumbnail... and the best part is I dont have to download or save the thumbnail on my hardrive before uploading it to youtube...with Tubebuddy after creation I click about two buttons and its already uploaded on the video.... I like simple tools

Try GIMP. It is a free editing software that does everything photoshop does. I would suggest setting up a thumbnail template and then adding new images and text for your videos. If you have different series you could change colors or something but keep the design the same so people can see that it is your video just a different series.

I usually spend about an hour on my thumbnails! Thumbnails are very important, people look at the thumbnails and decide rather or not they want to watch your video

Back