Family Friendly Channel

Should My Banner Have A Family Friendly Icon or Badge ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
But that is not the whole demographic of 10 to 20 year old boys ;) Even if they are looking for a Sims video, children might reconsider watching your video if it says 'family friendly' in the title, just because they connect 'family friendly' to 'things for (young) children'. It's all about their frame of reference.
I wasn't focusing on boys though. I was focusing on children in general. That includes girls. If we are talking about frame of reference, then it would be pretty likely that girls would have less issues with family friendly content. You are right though, it all comes down to what audience you want to reach.

spartanfit1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You could always try it for awhile and if you find that you are losing views and/or subscribers you could always change it. You could always do it the other way too. Keep it off and simply mention at the beginning of the video that you are a family friendly youtuber, then once you get a decent fan base you can add it to your banner.

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could always try it for awhile and if you find that you are losing views and/or subscribers you could always change it. You could always do it the other way too. Keep it off and simply mention at the beginning of the video that you are a family friendly youtuber, then once you get a decent fan base you can add it to your banner.
Thats also a good idea, letting people know in the videos.

PandaCobain

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Adding something that shows your family friendly is definitely a great idea. Someone I know runs a family friendly channel (it's their kid's channel kinda but whole family is always involved) and they make sure to stress everywhere that they're a family friendly channel & try to only promote other family friendly channels & work with other family friendly channels. My channel would not be one they'd easily collab with because it isn't exactly family friendly, while it also isn't really bad. Adding something that shows you're family friendly will definitely grab more viewers with kids who like to watch with them.

Reactions: Heizenblog

WebSam

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think that is a great idea, check your stats to see how it goes. I can see the benefit to it, as there is a lot of content out there, and some of it while it seems OK for the family, next thing you know they are swearing away etc.

Reactions: Heizenblog

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So a little update on this subject is that I have started telling people in my videos that if they wish to comment to keep it clean as I run a family channel. I will also be running a poll on Twitter to gauge peoples opinions, before creating a badge for my YouTube banner.

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

Unite Player

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Family friendly badge would definitely help. From experience, there are tons of videos out there targeted at kids and they use inappropriate language. I mean, I've even had to block some of them on a PC my brother uses because he was repeating stuff the creator was saying. So yeah, definitely worth setting yourself apart from those type of channels.