Facebook Videos - YouTube or Native?

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Should I post the YouTube link to Facebook or should I upload the video natively? Or both?

What do you do and why?

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
For me it depends on the video. If it's something I want only Facebook fans to see I'll upload it there. Which is generally a clip I've been working where I ask others for opinions before the final product is released. If it's a weekly video (Gameplay or Review) I generally just keep it on Youtube. But for special videos I'll just upload them both.

Guess that really doesn't help. >.> But choice of preference really.

Reactions: chubbybots

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Posting a YouTube link to Facebook is almost pointless these days. Facebook buries the post so that few people see it, because they don't want users leaving Facebook to go to another website. They do, however, promote Facebook videos heavily. But if you are trying to build a YouTube channel, it does you no good to post to both Facebook and YouTube.

I'm toying with the idea I've seen big channels do lately. Create your video and upload to YouTube as normal. Then create a 15-20 second "sizzle reel" of your new video, and include text in the video saying "To see the whole video, visit YouTube.com/mychannel." Then upload it to Facebook. That way your Facebook followers know you've released a new video, Facebook will heavily promote your post because it's native FB video, and you haven't given away the entire content of the video on a platform you cannot monetize (Facebook).

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Posting a YouTube link to Facebook is almost pointless these days. Facebook buries the post so that few people see it, because they don't want users leaving Facebook to go to another website. They do, however, promote Facebook videos heavily. But if you are trying to build a YouTube channel, it does you no good to post to both Facebook and YouTube.

I'm toying with the idea I've seen big channels do lately. Create your video and upload to YouTube as normal. Then create a 15-20 second "sizzle reel" of your new video, and include text in the video saying "To see the whole video, visit YouTube.com/mychannel." Then upload it to Facebook. That way your Facebook followers know you've released a new video, Facebook will heavily promote your post because it's native FB video, and you haven't given away the entire content of the video on a platform you cannot monetize (Facebook).
Dude sick! I'm gonna go for it. I also think Facebook's tagging system and just all of that is so wonky. I just don't enjoy it, a lot of value there though.

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score

Wow thats a great idea!! Will try it out!

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can upload videos on facebook using yt2fb (.com) making the link look like a native facebook video this will save you from having to uploading it natively and you will get the views on Youtube

Reactions: WebSam and Gamayun

WebSam

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You can upload videos on facebook using yt2fb (.com) making the link look like a native facebook video this will save you from having to uploading it natively and you will get the views on Youtube
Great stuff, I'm going to have a play around with this with my next video.

Reactions: Samira

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Should I post the YouTube link to Facebook or should I upload the video natively? Or both?

What do you do and why?
From some experts that presented at Vidcon, only do native uploads. Never link to Yt.
They also recommended re-edit your Yt video into a 30-60 sec one specially for Fb. That's the optimum video length on Zuckie's platform.