Facebook Page

N_ckyboy

So I decided to create a Facebook page to try and gain more viewers.

Would be great to hear from my fellow YouTubers any other ways to advertise my channel.

Find me on Facebook - n1ckyb0y

Kind Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is Twitter, Reddit and this forum. Also can also gain viewers by collab and network

So I decided to create a Facebook page to try and gain more viewers.

Would be great to hear from my fellow YouTubers any other ways to advertise my channel.

Check my channel out for yourselves if you haven't done already. Would help me out greatly if you did.

Find me on Facebook - n1ckyb0y

Kind Regards.
I've found that facebook is ok at connecting you with an established fan base (although if you don't pay then your posts will only reach a small percentage of your fans) but it really isn't the best place for reaching new people.

There is Twitter, Reddit and this forum. Also can also gain viewers by collab and network

To add onto this, I'd say Twitter is great for networking with other youtubers and for connecting with people who have the same interests as you/ your channel, Reddit is place where you can quickly gain a lot of views, but you have to be careful as self-promotion is generally frowned upon- make sure you find the right section (subreddit) to post in. This forum, I don't really see as place for promoting, but more for getting advice and tips and sharing experiences with other youtubers.

I have found Twitter to be more handy than Facebook even though I use both. I have recently got a Tumblr but I don't really know what I am doing with it haha. I would say Twitter for sure. Facebook groups can be helpful but you need to keep digging through the link droppers and spammers

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll have a look on Reddit. I've already establish Twitter networking and worked okay up to yet. I'll keep you all posted on how I get on :)

This is great advice because I was contemplating starting up a Facebook for my channel also, and I've tried Reddit but it still is confusing to me slightly and I need to explore it more!

I promote my videos via twitter, facebook, instagram,pinterest, blogger, google + commmunties and ello. I get most of my views from google + communities. Facebook isn't very interactive unless you are already popular. Cool channel!!

I don't advice you abuse this cuz facebook will warn you that you're spamming, but you can go to other fan pages, preferably related to your niche and like people's comment acting as your fan page. For example I named by fan page, "Why I like being positively brainwashed" so people will get a notification saying, "Why I like bing positively brainwashed has liked your comment." Depending on how catchy your fanpage title is, there's a good chance they will check it out. I also recommend you share a post from that fan page that you're liking people's comments, so when they check your fan page out, they can associate your fan page with a fan page they already like. I highly suggest you comment on these fan pages so it doesn't appear like you're spamming.

It's also possible people will check out your fan page, not like it, but like a post or two you made. If you click on the list of people who have liked that post, you'll see a button that allows you to invite anyone who hasn't liked your fan page yet (even if they're not your facebook friends!).

Yea i have been using facebook, but when you are just starting with your youtube channel and its not that big... for me at least, it does not really promote your channel or your videos that well! But you should still do it tho!

Back