I can't watch a video without commenting (because of course my thoughts are so awesome they just have to be shared with the world, LOL). Occasionally, I'll have someone follow over to my channel, and it's incredibly flattering when they do. I make it a rule to never mention my channel in comments, because I think that's just a sneaky way of promoting yourself, and while promotion isn't a bad thing, I just think it's a little bit too obvious to make me comfortable.

I think it is a sound way of getting exposure, especially when you get top comment on a creator's video that is of similar genre to you and it stays up there. You wouldn't get as many click throughs as you would like if you shared on reddit or whatever but every click through counts at this point in time in my opinion. Gotta do what you gotta do :)

I think it's a really good way to get your name out there, with just communicating with people that have similar content to yours. I have gotten a few subs from that as well.

As long as it is not spamming, then it is all good to go. I think this is the best way of growing a channel besides SEO!

It can work with different paces usually. I used to do it and got myself a few subs. I usually say things that will be persuasive or, in most cases, I just talk nice.

It should be OK as fas as you do not use generic comments and you don't overuse it.
Having more subs will help also because the comments are often filtered/ranked based on the number of subs of the commentator.

For sure you gain exposure. The more places people can see a link to your channel the higher the chances they will click on it.

However I wouldn't recommend spamming. I think its better doing it in a mutually beneficial way.

You add value to the comments by commenting on something based on the video (maybe even starting a discussion). This also increases the uploaders engagement.

Then people may feel compelled to check you out.

I think it's a great strategy. I have yet to see results because I've only just begun doing it, but I don't think it would hurt if you have genuine comments (provided you aren't being mean).

Back