EXPOSING SPAMMERS?

Scandinavian Freckles

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone !!
How are you all doing? I hope the start of your year has been awesome so far.
Today I wanted to ask you what you think about something that I really really feel like doing.
Ever since I started youtube I have been getting spam, but over the last two months it has been A LOT of spam comments on my videos and I get both p****d off and kinda frustrated about it.

I don't have the best quality camera or mic, and I am not the biggest youtuber but when someone comments telling me that they subbed and would love for me to sub back and I can CLEARLY see they didn't subscribe, OR when someone starts off with, I LOVE YOUR CHANNEL, its so awesome and then "subscribe to my channel" .. I just cant .. Automated comments are just really unnecessary !!

they all get automatically categorized by youtube as spam and put it m spam folder but it is still pretty annoying because its usually the same people with the exact same comment on one or more of my videos, and on other peoples videos..

SO HERE IS MY QUESTION:
I have been thinking about making a video reacting to the comments, blurring the name out ( because I obviously don't wanna give their channel any attention) but do you guys think I would get in trouble somehow?
I mean I wont mention anyone or anything like that.. just kind of react to the comments !

Let me know what you think

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been getting annoyed by the same thing lately.. I feel you! I think it could be funny and I know other small YouTubers would think so too. You just have to decide if you want to add that onto your channel or if it fits with your theme and how people would react that are already subscribed to you. :)

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Ugh nothing irritates me more than those people. You have the hard working youtubers who earn their subs and you have these lazy guys.
Yeah I was going to say no because it would give them a shout out almost but I didn't get to part where you'd blur their name. I can't see anything problem with it.

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could even show their name if you wanted to shame them and they can't do anything, they commented on YOUR video, so you can do whatever you want with that comment.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
You should do it, it could be entertaining. Unfortunately it's unlikely the people guilty of this are unlikely to watch the video (they're too busy spamming lol)

HausofN7

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you do it, I would definitely watch it! lol I've been getting them a lot lately. Nothing is more annoying than seeing a comment go from, "Wow your content is really nice....." to "it would be even nicer if you could subscribe to us though." :stomp: I mean it can't be any different when youtubers have a video that starts off with people asking for them to make something in the comments or shoutout videos. At least you would blur their name. :)

Scandinavian Freckles

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ugh nothing irritates me more than those people. You have the hard working youtubers who earn their subs and you have these lazy guys.
Yeah I was going to say no because it would give them a shout out almost but I didn't get to part where you'd blur their name. I can't see anything problem with it.
I agree !! Thanks, I will try to film it this weekend :) !!

You could even show their name if you wanted to shame them and they can't do anything, they commented on YOUR video, so you can do whatever you want with that comment.
That would only make people go to their channel and I dont wanna give those people any kind of promo but I get where you were coming from !!:)

You should do it, it could be entertaining. Unfortunately it's unlikely the people guilty of this are unlikely to watch the video (they're too busy spamming lol)
Thanks :) !! I will try to film it this weekend !! I am really excited to see how this goes haha
I saw this thread was moved to another forum, I am sorry I just didn't know where to post this :)

If you do it, I would definitely watch it! lol I've been getting them a lot lately. Nothing is more annoying than seeing a comment go from, "Wow your content is really nice....." to "it would be even nicer if you could subscribe to us though." :stomp: I mean it can't be any different when youtubers have a video that starts off with people asking for them to make something in the comments or shoutout videos. At least you would blur their name. :)
Thank you so much :) Yeah exactly !! I get really excited about comments and I always feel so disappointed when it turns out to be these people !! Thanks for your support ! I will film it this weekend probably and let you know :)

Reactions: Crown and HausofN7

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You won't get into any trouble :) If you make it, link it! I'll watch it... (or not, I could be a spammer....)